Proton AA's finally on the way?

CESDewar

Newly Enlightened
I saw a message on the website saying:
"6/07/06 Update: We should be able to start shipping Proton pre-orders Friday. This first batch of Protons will only cover about 2/3 of existing pre-orders, but the rest should follow shortly. "

I just got an email today saying "A back-ordered item from your previous order has been shipped today, so you will be receiving it soon."

Being a consummate flashaholic, I had to order this light. Actually, as an astronomer, this intrigued me as the low-power Red LED might be ideal for use in reading star charts and would avoid me having to carry another red flashlight. I will also be interested in comparing it with my HDS-60, Fenix L1P and current favorite, ORB NS Raw. This should be interesting!

InfidelCastro

Banned
I was wondering whatever happened with this light, since I hadn't heard anything. Great!! Hope to see beamshots and reviews in the not too distant future.

planex

Newly Enlightened
Yes, mine shipped today as well and I am anxiously awaiting it. The light's versatility and use of a common AA battery is what sold me. Also the fact that it has a lifetime warranty is very nice. The Proton has the potential to be the most useful light that I own.

Latest posts