• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing the Pocket Illuminator - MiniPro Powered AAA Flashlight

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing the New Pocket Illuminators

minipro_aaa3.jpg

Based on the Nuwai TM-310H and TM-311H flashlights, these modified versions take AAA flashlight brightness to a new level

copper1.jpg

Fully integrated Luxeon/MiniPro converter with copper heatsink built just for the Nuwai flashlights.

miniaaa4.jpg

The 1AAA version is even smaller than the Brinkmann 1AAA Legend flashlight used in the Micro-Illuminator.

But don't be fooled by its small size, it's packing an all new re-designed MiniPro Light Engine and select grade 3 Watt BIN TWOH Luxeon LED under the hood.

miniaaa6.jpg

More than twice as bright as the Micro-Illuminator, the Pocket-Illuminator delivers big flashlight performance from a very tiny 1AAA package. Compatible with NiMh,NiCd, alkaline and Energizer AAA lithium cells, virtually any common type AAA can be used to power the Pocket Illuminator.

miniaaa7.jpg

Note this is a CPF Special, not available to the regular public. So there is no link to the Pocket Illuminator from the Lambda Lights website. :thumbsup:

Further details, run time charts and ordering instructions are located on the Pocket Illuminator web page located here:

http://home.mchsi.com/~lambda_lights/pocket.htm

Pocket Illuminator 1AAA - SOLD OUT - THANKS!

Pocket Illuminator 2AAA - SOLD OUT - THANKS!

Quantities Are Limited - Hurry

Last edited:

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
RemingtonBPD:I might have missed it, but what is it made of, and is it a twisty or rear button switch?

The flashlights are pewter anodized aluminum bodies with tail cap momentary push button, twist tail cap for constant on/off opetation. Black spring steel pocket clip.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I was able to acquire the 2AAA version recently (thanks Kevin!). Keep in mind this is not a review - just initial/first impressions. Additionally the host for these has already been reviewed by several folks...

The internals - WOW!! Did I say WOW!!! Let me say it again: WOW!!

Sold my lightmeter, but all the details you need to know are on the link in the first post.

Gotta say I WAS INDEED SHOCKED when I lit this puppy up!!!

IT'S A KEEPER FOR SURE!!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance on making a cr123 tube for it??
I would probably buy one of each if they ran 123's.:grin2:

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kid9P Any chance on making a cr123 tube for it??
I would probably buy one of each if they ran 123's.:grin2:

I guess the photos don't really give a good example of the flashlight size; my bad.

miniaaa8.jpg

As you can see from this photo with the 1AAA next to an E1e and the CR123 in front of the Pocket Illuminator, I'm not sure you can even fit the CR123 in the face of this flashlight. Being AAA based, it's pretty thin...

Dawg - Packed and ready to ship tomorrow. Based on your location, you may even receive it Monday.

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got rid of most of my non cr123 lights,

but this is SOOOOOOOO Tempting!

Thanks for the picture comparison:grin2:

Ray

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
thesurefire Is the 2AAA version any brighter then the single AAA version

Yes, here are the run time charts:

1aaa1000nimh.jpg

2aaa1000nimhb.jpg

Basically twice as bright, but the run time suffers a little as the converter demands about 1 Amp from the 2 AAA cells. But for 1000mAh NiMh cells they delivered over 75% rated capacity; not bad for such a heavy current load.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Similar to Sigman, I just acquired the pre-production single AAA version of this light.

I will echo Sigman's reaction. -This is a very strong performer -especially for it's size and weight. It's already one of my favorites.

BTW-NiMH AAA current draw is approx. 455mA.
Using a 1.7V-L92 Lithium AAA draw is 665mA.

-Obviously highly recommended. :cool:

Last edited:

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
vcal - Similar to Sigman, I just acquired the pre-production single AAA version of this light.

I will echo Sigman's reaction. -This is a very strong performer -especially for it's size and weight. It's already one of my favorites.

BTW-NiMH AAA current draw is approx 360mA.
-Substituting a Lithium AAA draw is 665mA.

-Obviously highly recommended. :cool:

Hey, you must of got the sale unit last week. It uses a SWOK Luxeon and the original MiniPro converter.

These new units have the new version MiniPro converter so they will draw about 850 to 900mA from 1 AAA NiMh cell.

Actually, I would expect your light to draw closer to 700ma than 360ma, so you might want to charge them batteries real good.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the pills for both the 1AAA & 2AAA versions the same?

Will it be ok to run a rested 3.7V Li-on on the 1AAA/2AAA version?

Last edited:

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, you must of got the sale unit last week. It uses a SWOK Luxeon and the original MiniPro converter.

These new units have the new version MiniPro converter so they will draw about 850 to 900mA from 1 AAA NiMh cell.

Actually, I would expect your light to draw closer to 700ma than 360ma, so you might want to charge them batteries real good.[/QUOTE]

After noting your post, I need to correct my previous mA current readings. :green:
Tonite I have carefully re-measured the current draw on the light (using the 2A scale on my DMM), and found:

The AAA NiMH-465mA (partly charged)?
The Lith. 1.7V---890mA :huh:
Was in way too biggova hurry yesterday... ;)

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi - just wondering - how bright is this compared to another standard lux light - say, the Fenix P1 or L1P? thanks - it would help me peg it in terms of its output, as the lux reading doesn't add much traction in my understanding of how bright it is...

thx!