Fenix P1 tint variations -beam shots-

x2x3x2

Banned
I just got another P1 for my uncle and was pretty suprised at the variations in tint. The new P1 has a pure white tint, and this is not an exageration. It even makes my SL PP 3C which i thought had the best white tint seem a little warmer with just a hint of yellow. It's also a tad brighter than my own P1. Would these variations in tints be normal considering Fenix claims the LEDs chosen by bin code? Anyway below are some pics.

P1 #1 is my purplish one, P1 #2 is my uncle's pure white one. Also included is a shot of L2P. In pictures the difference is a little more subtle but in real life the difference in tint is very noticable.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

frisco

Enlightened
Your findings are consistent with mine. I have 2 P1's and almost the exact same situation! Seems they vary in tint and output. Lottery lives! Looks like your uncle wins! Unless you swap the heads!

frisco

x2x3x2

Banned
hehe yeah i guess he did. nah i didn't swap em, cos karma exists too.. just like the lux lottery ;)

nightrider

Enlightened
Nice shots. I had the same Lux Lottery luck. My first P1 (natural finish) is pretty pink/purple... like yours. I ordered another P1 (in black) for my dad for Father's Day. It is pretty close to white and brighter than the first. So I was thinking, do I just give him the purple one? ... he probably won't notice. He's not a flashlight purist like we are, and the light will probably spend most of its life in a drawer somewhere. But then you guys bring up this karma thing... hmmm, maybe I should give him the sweet one.
:sssh:
I also got an L1T that has a slightly yellowish tint, but this gives it kind of a warm look that I don't mind. I could give my dad that light and not feel too guilty.

... Decisions.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I've checked out about 5 or 6 P1's and found there to be quite a bit of variation in color tint as well. I haven't taken any beamshots to compare though.