I think NOW i have seen everything!! LOL

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great for going to car shows or what not that are paved. I went to a steam engine show before I had to use a wheelchair and it was nothing but rocks and uneven ground.

At the nascar races you see lots of folks on those electric scooters, mini bikes, regular bikes, bicycles all over the place.

I doubt it would make yout butt cold.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was going to get a sccoter but they was a tad to expensive plus to many hills

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to get one of those electric scooters to get around back when I used a wheelchair, but being 300 lbs and over 6 foot tall I would look like a hipo on a gocart. They seem fairly cheap and have a great deal of speed.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny you mentiond those electric scooters, i thought about buying one of those electric scooters, and putting a higher output blushless on it, then build a custom motor controller for it, which i will need help doing, and lastly stuff some lipos in the battery compartment.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL.

When I was a kid, a friend and I built a Briggs & Stratton-powered Radio Flyer. Yes we steered it by sitting inside and moving the wagon's handle left and right. Not the safest thing on four wheels, but not the stupidest thing we'd done either.

Anyway, one day a cop pulls us over (we're on public road) and informs us that since our creation has over 100cc engine, it needs to be registered as a motor vehicle!!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I wanted to do something like that for years since aftermarket brushless hubs were offered for bikes. I was going to retrofit a manual wheelchair with them and use a lithion batttery pack to power it.

Zapbike use to have 3 scooters when they started up. One looked like a beefy skate board with a 6 inch wide rear tire. It used 36 volts and claimed 0-35mph in 2 seconds. I imagines it you werent prepared it would shoot right out from under you. I think it even came with a wheelie bar too.

Since, many more scooters have come to market and are avaliable in any store from target, pepboys, kmart, etc.

Heck, I have an old 4 pole brushed wheelchair motor with 10 inch tire that will go 7mph at 24 volts. I was going to put a larger wheel and tire on it with a humb adapter from some robot motor website and make a trike attachment for my wheelchair. That was after I ran out of money from my other wheelchair and low vision modifications.