I like !RUBBER!

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlights that is.

I find metal cold, and plastic - no weight to it.

But all the rubber flashlights i have bought over the years seem to fall apart quite quickly.

they rubber either cracks up, or splits.

I was thinking of buying something to protect the rubber from the elements.

I found this, has anyone tried it or have an recomendation.

"Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant" it`s supposed to penetrate and lubricate the rubber.

thanks.

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/wolfgang-vinyl-rubber-protectant-p-70.html

carrot

Flashaholic
Hmm, I wonder if that spray-on all-weather truck bed liner would work well on metal lights? Might be even better.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
Hmm, I wonder if that spray-on all-weather truck bed liner would work well on metal lights? Might be even better.

I once tried some kind of bed liner spray on an old beat up M*g 2D - kind of made it "sticky" - easy to hang on to but also collected crud like crazy and was hard to wash off :sick2:. I don't remember the brand of liner spray though.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking about that for months, but the batteries don`t last very long.

I thought about the 3W led drop in but at $40 it`s a bit steep.

and i can`t decide what colour to buy.

thanks for the suggestion.

sunspot said:
Buy a SF G2. :awman:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi-

I've mentioned it before but here goes:

I often cover lights in blown out bicycle inner tubes. I get them free at the bike shop, they come in many sizes, they inhance grip, cut down on tooth chipping and don't look too bad -- to me, anyway -- I like the stealth look.

Armorall spray makes them look blacker and makes the grip better. The tube covers last for months and cost nothing to replace.