Why so many P1's for sale privately ?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be wrong but I get the impression quite a few CPF'ers are selling off their P1's.

Is there a problem, or are you not quite as enamoured as you expected once you received the P1's ?

EuroBeetle

Newly Enlightened
Mine would not work until i put a round magnet on the bottom of my Surefire cell.Works great now but is stiff to turn even after lubing 2 times.Also works on RCR123 cells and gets hot and bright.But what do you want for 45.00?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
A LOT of CPFers (me included...) bought more than one, and may have realized they didn't really ned as many as they bought. I LOVE the one I'm keeping...AWESOME output in a TINY package!

PJD

dtsoll

Enlightened
Maybe I am missing them, but I really haven't seen that many. Am I wrong here?? I admit I don't frequent BST all that much, but I do check it out at least once a day. Doug:)

nightrider

Enlightened
I haven't noticed that many for sale. But some people might buy a few, hang on to the one with the best tint, and let the others go. Overall, the P1 is a great light, but I have seen several folks commenting on theirs having a pink/purple tint (Luxeon Lottery). I have a slightly purple tinted P1, and I also have another one that is pretty close to white. I'm trying to decide which one to give as a father's day gift. Honestly, most people wouldn't notice the tint, but when you compare it with a really white light, it is obvious.
:sssh:

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
I've had my P1 for only about an hour now, and if there's a bunch for sale, I'm buying more! This thing really puts out. It blows my QIII out of the water, and with a perfect tint too! Output is real REAL close to a pair of 7W Golstons I have. Truly unbelievable for such a small package and with perfect regulation to boot!

I'm keeping mine, and getting more!

billgr

Newly Enlightened
lots of people buy multiple lights and keep the one with the best tint.

then they sell the others off. they like to say they just turned it on once to "make sure it works" before they post it for sale. yeah right :(

so beware of new model lights up for sale. you are almost guaranteed to LOSE the luxeon lottery on them.

notice that i did not say ALL people do this!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
my P1 powered on a RCR123 setup:sold:
is the ultimate keychain EDC light! for less than $80!

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
I too just gotten my P1, 2 days ago, needed to re-lub the threads but after that it was a winner, batteries rattles when in OFF position but was fixed with some insulation tape around it. If was so good that i've purchased a second piece for my brother-in-law for his birthday present, hopes he likes it, incidently i'm running them on rechargeable 3.6V battery for a guilt lumens free option, :whistle:

alvin

frisco

Enlightened
billgr said:
lots of people buy multiple lights and keep the one with the best tint.

then they sell the others off. they like to say they just turned it on once to "make sure it works" before they post it for sale. yeah right :(

so beware of new model lights up for sale. you are almost guaranteed to LOSE the luxeon lottery on them.

notice that i did not say ALL people do this!!!

Good point !!!! Never really thought of that.

I bought a used Fenix L2P on CPF. This thing is waaayyyyy off !!!
- Very weak output. About 40% less than my other 4 L2P's
- Very Green compaired to my other 4

Ended up giving it away.

On the other end. I bought 3 used JetBeams here on CPF and all were excellent!!! One is a hands down Lotto Winner !!!!

frisco

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
Re: Why so many P1's for sale privately ?- Love My P1

My P1 is extremely white in color tint - and darn bright, It's a keeper along with my LOP on my keychain replacing my ARC-Limited Edition AAA.

The P1 is really a great light for EDC and for a reasonable price.

NO PROBLEM HERE.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my P1, it is so bright on a RCR123 but, it wouldn't work with a regular CR123. I guess I needed to put a magnet on the battery like EuroBeetle. The RCR123 works better anyhow.

billgr

Newly Enlightened
i truly cant understand how a company puts out a cr123 light that does not work with a cr123 unless a magnet is put on it. :(

could someone clue me in about this??

wide variations in tint.... purple tints....magnets for the battery....i dont remember any of these issues when the L1P came out!!!

below is a quote from flourescent in another thread:

"okay mine came in. Threads are a bit rough. The thin lube it came with doesn't help matters. I cleaned that off and put on some synthetic grease - a bit better. I am concerned that the constant on and off moving of these rough threads will prematurely wear them out. The Surefire battery I put in didn't work at first so I had to cut the bottom plastic off the battery. Tint sucked. My 1W L1P blows my P1 away in tint, hot spot, and overall brightness. I'm going to jam a U bin in it and hopefully that will bring it up to par."

whats going on with Fenix?? (if anything).

Last edited: