Fenix L2P reflector

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I want to tighten up the beam on my L2P(less spill) to give it a bit more throw does anybody know where i can get hold of such a reflector. Or if anyone knows where i can find instructions on how to make one i.e the correct shape that the reflector surface has to be i have got access to the appropriate machinery to do this. I have got a millermods circuit and a UXOJ on the way in the mail if i can get the beam tightened up it should be a bit of a throw monster relative to it,s size. I have got a L2T as my EDC the L2P is just a little bit of fun to see how intense i can make the light coming from the L2P running on two ni-mh. Any ideas are welcome.

Protaeus

Enlightened
To get more throw, you would require a deeper and wider reflector. Im not too sure as to whether the L2P head has enough space to accommodate that reflector. You could also try going down the optic path which should require less space. However, optics give you VERY little flood. Take a look at the older inova line and the surefire KL1 for examples.

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if such a mod is possible. The L2P is already pretty tightly focused. The hotspot is much smaller than on many other lights. To increase throw, usually a larger (wider) reflector is required, and there simply isn't a way to do this on the L2P. Honestly, I'd say the L2P has just about as much throw as you can get from a 2cm diameter head. Maybe a McR-16 (or 17?) could work in there, but I don't know if it'd boost throw any, even if it did fit. Maybe there's a Fraen that'd work.

The U bin will give you a nice boost though.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I'll install the millermods circuit and the U bin and see what it is like. I think i will be happy with it. But if not then I'll try and make a deeper reflector. I just thought it would be nice to concentrate some of the spill beam :naughty: