Newbie - What does EDC mean?

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
EDC is "every day carry" - pretty self explanatory. It is used to refer not just to flashlights, but also to knives and other things you might always carry. For some more examples you can check out edcformus.com.

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
EDC refers to things you carry every day (Every Day Carry) that you might/might not use. This would include things like:

Flashlights, nail clippers, lighters, pocket knifes, multi-tools (gerber, leatherman, swiss army), watches, etc...

EDCforums.com is a good place to visit too.

Welcome to CPF. Why don'tcha stay a while? :rock:

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Education Development Center.

...or Every day carry.

Is it 'everyday carry' or 'every day carry' ?

Jeff

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
After you catch the flashaholic bug, EDC begins to stand for 'every day cost' :grin2:

Hang on to your wallet! :paypal:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
As an example, my EDC consists of:

Fenix L1P
Peak Matterhorn (1 led)
Leatherman Charge Ti
Leatherman Micra
Emerson mini CQC-7B
Medicin box with countdown timer
Bison capsule with emergency supply of meds
Keys
HP Ipaq HX4700
Sony Ericsson T630
Wallet
MP3 Player
Zippo (10th anniv. replica)
Prescription sunglasses
Bluetooth GPSr
Traveler X5 digicam (most of the time)
Lamy Pico pen
Some spare batteries

And when I got my bag with me, I usually have a pair of rainpants, microfiber towel, weatherproof notebook, folder with forms from work, charger for pocketpc and cellphone, Swiss army knife, 1 or 2 extra flashlights (type depending on what I feel like taking or where I'm going), pump for my bike, tire repair kit, deodorant, more spare batteries, binoculars.

Think I lug around a lot of crap? well, there's a nice thread somewhere around here with people showing pics of their EDC.....

greenLED

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! To reiterate iNDiGLo's invitation - edcforums.com is the place to be for all things that tag along in your pants, pack, purse, bag, shoes, back, neck, etc. every day. It's a fun crowd.

drizzle

Enlightened
I sympathize cary1952. I still remember well when I saw these initials all over the place and didn't know what they meant.

Welcome to CPF.