Inova X5

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
I just got an Inova X5 and the quality of this light is nothing but amazing. Somthing relitivly cheap that produces such a good light. I was told that this light was a bad choice by many and I still went with it. Im in love with it. Cant wait to go out and try it out tonight.

DSC02535.JPG

DSC02537.JPG

DSC02538.JPG

DSC02539.JPG

DSC02540.JPG

DSC02541.JPG

DSC02542.JPG

DSC02544.JPG

DSC02545.JPG

DSC02546.JPG

DSC02547.JPG

DSC02549.JPG

DSC02552.JPG

DSC02553.JPG

Great light

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure why anyone would say its a bad choice, it is a nice, rugged, bright, flood beam light, with a very good runtime. Yes it can be considered older technology with the 5 LEDs instead of one larger one. But it WORKS, and it is a tank, I carry one often when I want a floody beam.

I think you will be very happy with it.

rider

Newly Enlightened
The current white X5 has one of my favorite beam profiles of any light. It's really a great little light, and the toughness and long runtime are just bonuses.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have a few of them,good choice I think,for in or around the house or outdoors when a flood light is needed.Quite a lot of people around here like them.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep it is a sweet little light. Great quality for such an inexpesive light. It is tough-as-nails, has a long runtime, nice flood, attracive design, what's not to like?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought an Inova X1 and I think that the quality of the light is awesome too! I was going to buy an X5, but didn't want to spend quite that much on it. I can imagine that the beam on it is very nice and bright considering the specs it received on Flashlightreviews.

I also noticed that on Flashlightreviews.com that the Inova X1 rated at a 6.0 on his overall output meter, and the ARC AAAP received a 5.4. I wanted to note that my Inova is quite a bit brighter than my AAAP. I would guess that it is at least 1.5 times the power if not almost 2 times. I guess I must have got a nice one. :)

Canuke

Enlightened
I seem to recall that the older X5's were considerable overdriven.

Would anybody know whether this is so with the new units using Nichia CS, or did they back it off a bit to gain some runtime? I'm inclined to doubt the latter, as brightness is more marketable, and simply swapping in the new units with no other changes is the cheapest way to go.

InfidelCastro

Banned
adirondackdestroyer said:
I also noticed that on Flashlightreviews.com that the Inova X1 rated at a 6.0 on his overall output meter, and the ARC AAAP received a 5.4. I wanted to note that my Inova is quite a bit brighter than my AAAP. I would guess that it is at least 1.5 times the power if not almost 2 times. I guess I must have got a nice one. :)

That's very strange that it says that on the site, because the X1 puts out slightly more light than the NightIze Minimag upgrade (just a hair more).

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have more expensive and brighter lights. The X5 is still my favorite. If I had to drop one of my lights off the roof, and bet on which one would have the best chance of still working, it would be the x5. It will also shine decently with batteries so dead that they will not even cause my t2 incan to spark or my other lux leds to strobe. It is a great light. It is bright enough to light my way to get that 2am glass of water, without waking up the rest of the house. I am glad you like yours too.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the older X5 torches (with the fluting) and it was one of my first led CR123A celled ones as well. My first purchase after reading a review of it on Flashlightreviews.com - top light!!!

Still have it in my bag today - never let me down.

Well done on your good purchase. I'm sure you'll find many here to applaud your decision. Welcome to the world of INOVA! :sold:

Be Lucky...

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
does it take 123 or AA i thout the ones at target took AA but mayby i am wrong it would be asome if it took 123 thats what turned me away from it but if it takes 123 i will defenitly have too look into it again

Vincent

Newly Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
does it take 123 or AA i thout the ones at target took AA but mayby i am wrong it would be asome if it took 123 thats what turned me away from it but if it takes 123 i will defenitly have too look into it again

pilou

Enlightened
I have one in silver and I like it a lot too. But potential buyers need to be aware that it is definitely a floodlight. Just look at the lux numbers at flashreview.com. The ratio of beam center to overall output is about 11% for the X5 versus 42% for something with a tighter spot such as the Inova T2. The LED tint on mine is definitely purplish, which also make it not as useful as other lights with whiter LEDs, but we can blame that on the LED lottery :).

It is a great light partly because of its design coolness and rugedness. Considering lighting performance alone would made it a good, but not exceptional light, at least IMHO.

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up one at Target a couple weeks ago myself. I love the light. Perfect for walking at night due to the wide bright beam. I have many more expensive lights but i find myself actually using my x5 and also my x1 with reflector more than anything else.

Latest posts