I can't decide on a single AAA battery light

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I am stuck between the Fenix one and the Peak Solutions Pacific. I handled the Fenix model at the NJ KCA meeting this past Sunday and I have a Fenix L1P, but I still cannot decide. I am sure in the future I will have both but right now I can only afford one. The light has to be AAA since it will be part of my EDC and the battery will be a back up power source to my insulin pump which also takes one AAA battery. Any suggestions from those who have both or one of either brand. Thanks.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
I have both lights and they're both great. The tint on my L0P is a little bit whiter than my Pacific. If you use the same type of AAA cell in both lights, then the Pacific wins when it comes to runtime. Going by Flashlightreviews, the Pacific has a little better throw, but the L0P has a bit more output. You might also consider the Pacific with the 2xAAA body for more throw and output and a slightly longer runtime. The L0P wins in terms of output, but the Pacific wins in terms of runtime and throw.
What's more important to you? Brightness or runtime? If its brightness then the L0P wins. If its runtime then the Pacific 1 or 2 AAA is the choice. But if its all about runtime then I would suggest the Arc-P AAA. Its obviously not as bright as the L0P or Pacific, but its beats the pants off of both of them put together when it comes to runtime. Plus after lots of use of your AAA, the ARC-P will be the one to have enough juice left to power your insulin pump.
So my recommendation would be the ARC-P followed by the Pacific 2xAAA.
Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had the Peak to compare to but the L0P was out first and after i bought it I saw no reason to buy the Peak. The L0P does everything I want it to in a tiny package.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and based on my experience I greatly prefer the Peak based on runtime, quality and the availability of several battery pack options. The Peak will also out throw a L0P and still provide for good side spill. The regulation of the Peak will also provide you with more usable light for a significantly longer time. This would be a very easy choice for me if I lost both and could only buy one replacement.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lebkuecher said:
I have both and based on my experience I greatly prefer the Peak based on runtime, quality and the availability of several battery pack options. The Peak will also out throw a L0P and still provide for good side spill. The regulation of the Peak will also provide you with more usable light for a significantly longer time. This would be a very easy choice for me if I lost both and could only buy one replacement.

Since you have both, If you threw in small size as an equal factor, would this change your mind?

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I forgot to mention that I have the Arc, actually the wife has it. It's been running strong on her keychain for the past 4 years. In the end I will get both the fenix and Peak but for starters I will get the Peak Pacific. Besides I like the fact that I am supporting an American company.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double_A said:
Since you have both, If you threw in small size as an equal factor, would this change your mind?

No only because I don't keychain either one. For a pocket light the size difference in my opinion is not that big of a deal.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I decided on the Peak Solutions. I am waiting for the stainless steel version.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Good choice Sharpdogs! Maybe if its possible someday you could change over to an insulin pump that uses one or more AA batteries. Then you could buy the AA body for the Pacific :grin2: . Can't go wrong with at least double the runtime.

cy

Flashaholic
I've got both LOP and ARC AAA...

ARC AAA wins hands down. LOP is quite a bit brighter, but not for long. runtime is pretty short.

ARC AAA has a tuffer finish, better form factor and keeps on chugging... way longer runtime!

Lebkuecher said:

I totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.