• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sale or Trade!! Customs by milkyspit!!! Reduced!!!

Knight Lights

Enlightened
Still Available!!

These are the first of milkyspit's mods to be released on a wide scale. Over the past several years he has accumulated a wide variety of modifications which are built to his demanding standards. Each of these lights is unique, but similar lights can be built to your specifications as necessary. Unfortunately, some of these parts are no longer available, but are classics that many will want.

Since each buyer will specify his preferred shipping, the cost of shipping is not included, although any associated PayPal fees are.

With milkyspit's permission, these lights are also open for trade offers. If you have something you think milkyspit might be interested in, please PM him directly with the offer!!!

3) The ULTIMATE Q3 upgrade!! In fact, it's not really much of a Q3 at all!! The head is stock, the body is extended with a 2AA extender built by TranquilityBase which matches beautifully, and the tail has been rebuilt to tailstand with a tactical clicky. But that isn't what makes this light the sleeper of the year! What it looks like and what it is are 2 completely different things. Milkyspit took the best of the Nuwai, and then added MrBulks VIP circuit, a UWOK LuxIII and created a light that has a beautiful, big, smooth beam. Recogized as a great reflector in the stock light, the Nuwai reflector really comes into its own when a well driven U-bin is employed. The hotspot is meaty and full and then blends into a beautiful, bright corona. This is an incredibly usable light, and one that you will find yourself reaching for more and more as you get to know it. Best of all, though, it runs on rechargeable AA cells!!! It stays in regulation for 90-120 minutes on 2000 MAH cells, but then gives you plenty of warning as the cells start to fade by blinking, and then blinking more rapidly as the cells become weaker. Estimated runtime on Sanyo 2700 MAH cells 2-3 hours. Also runs happily off a pair of primary lithium AA cells.

img-cpf-bwaites-q3-vip-uwok-tb.jpg

Price $240.

5) Proof of concept light. This is a generic chinese body with the Q3 circuit driving a LuxV W binned LED. My guess is a WYO/WO bin. The emitter is most likely mildly underdriven for reduced heat buildup. The reflector and WriteRight film combination produce a central hotspot with a very smooth transition to a large bright spill beam. It is being driven by a protected LiIon 18500. (Included.) Lots of light in a 1" x 4" package. Can also run off any 3AAA NiMH, lithium (primary), possibly alkalines (haven't tested with alkalines).

(WAS $130)
NOW REDUCED TO $95 PLUS SHIPPING.
18500 cell NOT included.
18500 AND 3AAA battery caddies ARE included.

img-cpf-bwaites-q3-luxv.jpg

First to post, "I'll take it" or some derivative, or to PM with a definitive "I'll take it" has priority.

Sold!!

1)
sold.gif
KL1 head updated with a custom modified circuit to drive a TWOH LuxIII at 700mA. In combination with a Fraen optic, this creates a wall of light very similar in appearance to what you would expect from an L4, but in a light that is tiny. The KL1 head rides on a single cell E1e body with a McGizmo 2 stage switch mod in a stock Surefire tailcap (McE2S). The head is O-ringed to allow a firm grasp, and the tailcap is covered in removable rubber armor.

img-cpf-bwaites-kl1-twoh-700ma-mce2s.jpg

Price $185
sold.gif

2)
sold.gif
KL1 head ONLY. This head has a stock drive level, but with an updated and very bright TYAH. Since this generation KL1 head has a nicely built buck/boost board it will run happily off of 1,2, or even 3 cells. Nicely reflectored with a 17mm reflector, it has a smooth transition from hotspot to spill. Head is O-ringed to allow easy rotation and a firm grasp. The head actually underdrives the TYAH for a near-white beam (a little on the cool side) and substantially longer than stock runtime and brightness.

img-cpf-bwaites-kl1-aleph-1x123.jpg

Price $83 head
sold.gif
(entire light might be available depending on the offer...)

4)
sold.gif
Fenix L1P Flupic. Do you want a really bright Fenix option? How about one with 3 brightness levels, a strobe, and an SOS option? This is it!!! The FluPic runs from a rechargeable, protected LiIon 14500 cell and in burst mode pumps 1.2 amps to the emitter! That makes it as bright as just about any stock 3 watt light out there, and in a 1AA package! Burst mode is just that, and should be run for only short periods, but when you need bright, you need BRIGHT, and the Fenix FluPic delivers!! The Fenix has already proven to be a CPF favorite, now it's a CPF legend!!

img-cpf-bwaites-fenix-l1p-flupic.jpg

Available w/ cell for $124, w/o cell for $114.
sold.gif

Last edited:

Knight Lights

Enlightened
Re: Customs by milkyspit!!! Photos added!!!

Bumpity bump. :)

Milky reports that he can swap-out emitters on most/all these to something of your choice, for an additional $15. He's currently got a small stash of LuxIII UWOJ and UXOJ, and LuxI SWOH and SXOH.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sale or Trade!! Customs by milkyspit!!! Photos added!!!

I can't believe there are no takers yet. If I didn't already have a custom mod from milkyspit-Knight Lights I'd be all over any of the one-cell lights. :eek:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys! :wave:

Flashlight, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated! :eek:

Some of you have had lights from me, others haven't. Guess I'm a bit of a weirdo on CPF in that my goal is to achieve well-balanced, real-world usable lights... preferably very versatile, pocketable... well, the ULTIMATE WALKING LIGHTS. Haven't achieved that yet though! :eek:oo:

For me, the ultimate walking light fits in the pocket, ideally provides 3+ hours runtime, doesn't go out suddenly, gives enough throw for comfort along with enough sidespill for, er, comfort (think walking down a trail in the woods)... and reasonably tough platforms.

#1 is a cool little light... reminiscent of an L4 as far as punch to the beam, but in a much smaller package and adaptable to anything from 1x123 to 3x123, or anything in between. I love these pre-gen4 KL1 heads in that they're possibly the most versatile heads ever made... a real sleeper, IMHO! This one will light the ****ens out of the night, believe me on that. :)

#2 is lower-powered and reflectored to move some of the light out of the hotspot and into the sidespill. Don't take that to mean performance is anemic though... far from it! Even on 1x123 it'll give you maybe 90-120 minutes of bright light, followed by dimmer emergency lighting to get you home if need be. Again, this one can adapt to anything from 1x123 to 3x123. The body is just the right size to hold in the palm, and the switch is loose enough that you can operate both low and high beam one-handed, with a little twist using the fingers. Very convenient... but I've got two, so one has got to go.

For #3 think McR27L... a big, bad hotspot of a beam wherever you point this light... except it's narrower than a McR27. :naughty: Most of the body is hard anodized, actually, and the tail has a tactical clicky. Runs great on a pair of NiMH cells. One of my favorites! But I want to appease my wife by showing that some lights actually LEAVE the house. :eek:oo:

#4 is just plain cool... and BRIGHT! :cool:

#5 is butt ugly, er, excuse me (can imagine Bill smacking me with a rolled-up newspaper, lit ablaze by a USL no less!)... I MEAN it's a compelling one-of-a-kind test mule, a nice LuxV running off your choice of 3AAA or a single 14500 Li-ion cell... or an 18500 cell... take your pick! Unusual to drive a LuxV with decent brightness in this form factor, and has a decent reflector to boot, with very little if any donut hole in the beam. I recessed the tail clicky, too, as lights that can't stand upright are a pet peeve of mine!
:rant:

Sooooooo... who's gonna take the plunge? Believe me when I say that I'd be just as happy to keep these... but at this point, got too many lights to be able to enjoy them all! I want you guys to enjoy some! :eek:

Thanks all. :)

nethiker

Enlightened

:bumpit:

Just found this thread by clicking on milkyspits sig-line. Nice lights. I hope to have one of your creations sometime. I'm trying not to blow my wad right now as I'm saving for something else. One toy at a time.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast

bttt, some awesome lights here :grin2:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, I want the KL1 but don't have a host for it right now. Argh.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chronos, I've got an E1E body I could host it on, with your choice of clicky or tactical twisty tailswitch... or possibly even a dual stage Aleph tailswitch, if this helps. They'd be additional cost but the combination would make a nice light! You could also grab a Vital Gear single cell clicky tail from LightHound.com fairly cheap. :)

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take #2 kl1 head.

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Russtang, PM sent. You're first in line.
smile.gif

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for kl1 head.