Modded my newly purchased Radioshack 3C!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, I bought the last two Aluminum 3C flashlights at that Radioshack for $1 a piece!!
shocked.gif

I put in a Cyan colored LS and am directly driving it from the 3C cells. I hope I'm not overdriving this thing with the way it is current setup. It is bright though!!!

I have a white LS directly driven off of 3D cells, with a big heat sink, and it isn't nearly as bright as the Cyan. Also, instead of the optics on the cyan being concave at the top, like the white LS, the optic on the cyan is flat on top, which gives a more narrow focus.

I haven't done any lengthy runs with the 3C setup because I don't want to ruin the LS. Perhaps I will at some point, but I believe it was said that the colored LS, like the cyan, can handle heat better than the white, due to the phosphor in the white?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe I may have bought out all the Radioshack aluminum flashlights in my city. I have 5 of them, all for around a buck a piece. What an excellent deal!
grin.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked at the one R.S. around here and they've never had any of them. Would be nice to pick one up to mess around with.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't gone to EVERY Radioshack in my town, but just about. I plan on visiting every store, though, to make it a clean sweep. For one of them, I got a Xenon 3.6v bulb, and was able to get a pretty decent (for an incandecent that isn't a Surefire, Brinkman LX, type) beam out of it. I'll probably give that one to a friend who was looking for more light than their 2D Maglight. And it does give more light, of course.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found 3 of them at the *7th* Radio Shack that I have checked in the past 3 weeks. The sales clerk freaked out when they rang up at $0.97 each!!!!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's the about the same thing I have experienced. Sales clerks amazed at the price they are ringing up at. I'm going to search for more!!
grin.gif

mc

Newly Enlightened
If you call , or go to 1 store, they can look on their computer, and see where and if they are at other stores.

Latest posts