c2 d2 e2 6p?????????????

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am really having a hard time trying to decide on which one of these lights from surefire is the most worthwile to buy. Whichever one it will be needs to be compatable with the luxeon heads that they will be coming out with. It will be used for every day carry in my pocket. I tend to like the ones that have interchangable lamps and brighter lamps available so that when the luxeon heads come out i will have three lights in one. any thoughts, questions, suggestions??? please help

WaltH

Enlightened
Do yourself a favor and get the M2. It has everything you're asking for and then some. A little more expensive than the lights you're looking at, but I guarantee you'll be happy.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WaltH:
Do yourself a favor and get the M2. It has everything you're asking for and then some. A little more expensive than the lights you're looking at, but I guarantee you'll be happy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bushman,

I agree with WaltH that the M2 is a great light, but you are looking for an EDC light and IMO the M2 is a bit on the hefty side for that.

On the other hand, one man's "hefty" is another man's "comfortable.

Brightnorm

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bushman,
If you like having options, go with the D2. If has a clip if you need it, don't use it if you don't. Has 2 6V lights available. Add on adapter & 2 bulbs & you're setup for 2 9V light options, the D3. And if you really want, you can switch it rechargable, which would make it a DR. And should have a LED head comming. Hard to beat for versatility. TX

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Buy the E2e it is the only 6 volt (out of your choices) that has the pyrex lens. Will adapt to the Luxeon and Surefire plans to release a 25 lumen lamp that will give you 2 1/2 hours runtime. The longest runtime available in a Surefire.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea but what is the e2e is it an edition that is not on the web site? i kinda like the idea of having the higher lumen output lamp assembly also are they going to make that available as well as the lower power one

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great guys i really appreciate your input but am still just a bit confused. Call me slow but so is it possible to get a light from surefire that has potentially 4 different light assblys. Luxeon, low lumen, standard lumen (supplied with light) and high lumen (low batt,burn time) all in the same light with rechargable capabilites by buying a separate recharge kit?? thanks again. i am understanding that the d2 is as close to that as i will be able to get

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, that # goes to 6 if you add the adapter to go to 9V (2 more light outputs & running times).
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
TX

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
but am i correct in what i said above about there being at least 4 different assemblies available most likely before the end of the year. (then adding the stuff tx west suggested

edit. and also how does the e2e compare to the e2? what are the differences?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6V P,C, or D series currently have the P60 (65 lu) & P61 (125 lu) available. A lower power (about 25 lu) should be available this year, as well as the led bezel (15-18 lu). You can also get the bulb for the 3P that puts out 30 lu on 1 battery + a dummy cell.
TX