Pelican 2390 vs. ?

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I want a light with good throw and aprice around $100. I had a Stiker but its too big and heavy,I want something in a more compact form. I reviewed the 2390 and others, but I'm undecided. i have a Inova T3 and I want a little more throw.

NickelPlate

Enlightened
parnass said:
I have been considering a Pelican 2390, too. The Pentagonlight L2 Luxeon HAIII looks like a direct competitor and received good reviews, but I have no experience with either light.

http://pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.144

The 2390 is about one of the throwiest 2xCR123A LED flashlights you can get. I have one and it's great. A little bit big for EDC but still doable and very tough built.

Regards,

Dave

SCblur

Enlightened
Since you're posting in the LED forum, I assume that is your preference, but you will find that if you're looking for throw, an incan will outperform an LED, all else being equal. I believe a couple of the two best throwers in a 2cell and 3cell configuration are the Pelican M6 incan, and the Streamlight TL-3 incan repsectively. They both have amazing throw for their size, and both are relatively cheap. They are both around $40-60 depending on where you pick one up.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think both LED and incan have their purposes... I've got a Wolf Eyes incan that runs for an hour or so on rechargeables and it puts out an ENORMOUS amount of light. Take a look at flashlightreviews.com and you'll see the standard 12v W/E M90X is quite potent, and I assume that the rechargeable 13v setup is around the same output (200 - 300 lumens). The price for a 200 lumen rechargeable incan W/E is around $100 or so. www.pts-flashlights.com

not2bright

Enlightened
I have both the 2390 and the PentagonLight L2. The PentagonLight is an exceptional light for the money. The 2390 is a good light, but since the PL L2 generally costs less than the Pelican it is a great buy!

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Streamlight TL-2 LED (2nd generation) (2330?) is probably comparable, and also the Nuwai TM115, both of which are cheaper than the Pelican. I have the earlier Pelican M6 LED and really like it, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Pelican 2390 if I wanted one and had the money.

SCblur

Enlightened
the TL-3 will actually run two AW 17500 protected cells on a stock bulb just fine, and is slightly brighter than stock. A very popular combination around here for a pocket throw-monster. Runs for about 60-70 minutes before battery protection kicks in. The TL-3 is a three cell light, but smaller in person that you might think. Check out the output and throw values flashlightreviews.com gives it, phenominal power is such a small package.