Maglight LED 3D At Sears

C4LED

Enlightened
bozoman said:
Are they worth the price and how long is the run time?
Thanks.

These are quite good. About $20, good throw and around a 20 hour run time.

- Welcome to CPF!

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only you can determine if they are "worth the price" base on your own personal values.
But the prices seem to parallel the sum of the cost of a Mag light, and the cost of the LED module if one shops carefully, and overall, the cost of the assembled light with the LED module is generally a bit less than what you would pay for the combination of the two separately at the same store.

You might want to take a look at some of the threads that are already on this forum to get an idea of user's impressions. No one has run any kind of 'scientific' run time tests, but the consensus seems to be around 30 hours with D sized alkalines.

C4LED

Enlightened
Regarding the 30 hr runtime, I think that the light output would drop to a fairly low level by that time. At 20 hrs it should still be pretty good--that's why I said 20, but I've heard it should go around 30 and still have some output. I haven't run mine down that far, but would probably switch out the batteries around 20.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread might help give you a better perspective.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/119665

C4LED said:
Regarding the 30 hr runtime, I think that the light output would drop to a fairly low level by that time. At 20 hrs it should still be pretty good--that's why I said 20, but I've heard it should go around 30 and still have some output. I haven't run mine down that far, but would probably switch out the batteries around 20.

bozoman

Newly Enlightened
C4LED said:
These are quite good. About $20, good throw and around a 20 hour run time. They're a bit shorter than a 3D M@g and not as sturdy, but still fairly rugged. I'd like to see a comparison between this and a 3D M@gLed replacement, but haven't yet.

- Welcome to CPF!

Where do you find it for $20? the price was $34.99.
Thanks for the reply.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mag LED upgrade module (any size) is being sold for $18.86 and the 2D Mag LED light is being sold for 33.28 at Wal*Mart. At Fry's, the LED module is $19.99, the 2D light is $29.99, and the 3D is $34.99. And then there's whatever prices you found at K-Mart/Sears.

Much of this has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads in this forum that you'll find on about the 1st three pages of threads.

bozoman said:
Where do you find it for $20? the price was $34.99.
Thanks for the reply.

C4LED

Enlightened
My Bad... I was looking at some other threads and initially thought the Dorcy 3D was being discussed (costing around $20 w/a worthwhile runtime of around 20 hrs). Initial comments withdrawn.

I would add however, that the 3D M@gLed has been compared to the using a Craftsman 1W PR replacement bulb and some have found it to be similar, but there are concerns about heat build up when using a Craftsman PR in a 3D M@g, and the M@gLed was thought to be somewhat better.

The Dorcy 3D is very close in performance to the Craftsman PR in a 3D M@g, but is less expensive. You may find the Dorcy 3D to be a worthwhile alternative.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
C4LED said:
These are quite good. About $20, good throw and around a 20 hour run time.

- Welcome to CPF!

20 hour runtime.... :thinking:

I would assume its a semi-regulated light with a big battery and a small diode?

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread in the link above can answer most of the questions you may have.
there are beam shots and a runtime test too.
Pics of the module guts, the actual "regulation" in effect.
Member NewBie did some great work.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
Sears had both the complete 2D LED flashlight and complete 3D flashlight today when I went to my local Sears. Price for the 2DLED was $31.99 and 3DLED was $34.99. They had 3 of each in Black only. They did not have any bulb only packages.

Cary in Sioux Falls, SD