PayPal Question

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I have two PP accounts, one for cash and one for CC. Anyone know whether I can send money from my CC account (assuming I have money in that account) to my cash account w/o any penalties or being prompted to upgrade my cash account?

Thanks!

Jon

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Let us know what happens. It was my understanding that personal accounts could not accept credit card payments.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "personal" account cannot accept CC funded payments. Upgrading to a "premiere" account lets you accept CC funded payments but you are then charged a small fee, around 3%, on all payments you accept even if they are not CC funded. If you set up 2 seperate accounts, a personal one for cash and a premiere for CC, you can do a normal payment from the premiere account to the personal account as a means of transferring money. And since the payment is from an existing PayPal balance, there is no fee to either account. I did this several times before I was forced to close my premiere account after I started having fraud problems with the CC I used with that account.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I accepted a CC-funded PP payment to a Premier (Unverified) account with the intention of then sending it to my Personal (Unverified) non-CC account to consolidate my balances.

I haven't completed it yet though, because the Premier now needs me to attach a credit card to it, and I don't carry them any more. :ohgeez: It will just have to wait until this evening.

Jon

greenLED

Flashaholic
Guys, he's transferring a balance from his Premier Account into his personal account, he's not paying with a CC to anyone. I do this all the time - no fees associated, no problems with it.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
As greenLED and others have mentioned, transferring "cash" from a premier account to a personal account doesn't cause any extra fees to be applied, regardless of where the "cash" orginally came from (a CC payment in this case).

All is well, thanks for the help.