Got L2,Not Gladius

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to my local Hunting Shop to buy the Gladius, as i went they were out of stock and i had to wait for another month. As i was walking out the door i saw something it was the Surefire L2! I looked at it and told the Guy to Let me Play with it. I turned it on low first it was a green tint with a Cheerio then FULL POWER! Man this thing is bright it much brighter than my L4. It Was Ultra White and had a very minimal Cheerio on white walls. So I Decided to Buy it, It is a great light and convinced myself that i dont kneed a Gladius since i already have 2 throwers(L6,T3) and they all have long runtimes. The L2 isnt as long as i expected but nonetheless A bit long. The L2 Created a Wall of light that Was Insane, the Tint was Pure White, the best tint i seen in any led flashlights i have owned. The L2 will be my new EDC and will continue to light a Blazing trail of Bright Lumens throughout the Darkness. L2 2 Thumbs Up:goodjob:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, I don't think you can go wrong with either the L2 or Gladius. You should post a beamshot for us!

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
my dad just got a new l2 last thursday and man its bright i almost like it mor than my perfect u2 i like it cuz you dont have to turn the ring just high and low wich is all i use on the u2 and it feels perfect in my hand also the coating feels more tough you made a great choice also my dads has a little cherrio on low but it gose away on high agaian graet choice have a fun time with it tonight:rock:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I will have some Fun. The Tailcap Feels much better than my A2 dont know why but seems more of a firm Button. Great Light once again.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the Gladius was never about outright output or throw, although it does have a good amount of both. It was more about toughness and versatility, and of course the famous strobe feature was a major factor too.

But no worries, your L2 sounds great too! As per CPF motto, "buy both!"... you might just end up getting a Gladius eventually :D

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol Yep that was what i was thinking. The Gladius Has great versatility but i have 3 2 Stage lights and 2 throwers so i dont think i need it. The Gladius will always be on my mind:awman: . But i will Get it one day! Thanks for all the Help Flashaholics!!!

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
Oh I will have some Fun. The Tailcap Feels much better than my A2 dont know why but seems more of a firm Button. Great Light once again.
you are definetly right i never felt an a2 but i do know that the l2 is very very smoth the only problem i had with the hole light is that i had a hard time starting the tailcap on the body other than that its one great light:goodjob:

pilou

Enlightened
The L2 does seem like a great light. The only thing that doesn't impress me is that, according to flashlighreviews, you get down to 75% of max power within 30 minutes in the high setting. But I guess that is the normal price to pay for a high output light capable of throwing such a bright and wide spot.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I havent used it for that long maybe 5 Min, but still seems as bright as i got it. L2 could get better High Mode Time like other CPFers they some times get over 45Min without Dimming. Not sure about mine though.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
my dads still has the original batts in it and i know plenty of people played with itin the store including me plus it is still as bright as my perfect u2 he probably has 45 min on hi on it and he uses it every night.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that doesn't impress me is that, according to flashlighreviews, you get down to 75% of max power within 30 minutes in the high setting.

That is one of my not-quite-complaints about the L2 compared to the A2 and the Gladius. I've gotten used to regulated full power. The L2 acts a little more like the unregulated incans in that respect.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2 Is Fully Regulated and will stay Bright as it started for at least 25min. Incans will start dimming immediately. My A2's Regulator is awesome and i dont really know about the gladius but according to FR it dims immediately to about 85% which would be about 70 Lumens opposing to the L2 which 100 lumens. The L2 Regulator is great but the L2 is Overdriven so the output will be brighter but runtime a bit shorter.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
my dad likes to use high quit a bit but thays okay because the lamp should never burn out also i gave him a sc3 full of batts i am still amazed that he hasent changed the batts

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
Had my L2 a few days - it's just right for most tasks.
I don't agree the tint is green - to me it's a creamy white that shows up all colours well.
Against it, my HDS U60 (which I thought of as white) now looks a bit blue. Hey ho... Together, these 2 lights cover the spectrum of use.

WDR65

Enlightened
Just recently aqquired an L2. So far it seems to be a great like, one that I like a bit better than my old A2. It compliments my L1 for EDC although I could probably use something with a bit more throw in the mix. As for the Gladius I'm up in the air, I've played with one but I'm debating how useful it would be to me and if the U2 would be better suited. Seems like a very nice light but I would also have bought the L2 before the Gladius.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the L2 is still a good light i have used it for about 25min and still seems bright. What i also noticed it that Low* is really very low is actually more than enough for walking in Pitch darkness. I am now saving for a Gladius, have to wait a couple of weeks though.

Latest posts