Any LS/lens mods out there?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I waste my time, I was wondering if anyone's had any success with lenses to try to give the beam more throw. I think this may be key in getting the new 5W ones to replace long throw torches.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The acrylic ball trick seems to generate a good throw beam.

The 5W side emitter might be another thing to look into along with a reflector seems like a hotly discussed topic around here.

There is also a company that sounds like Luxeon and has suggested that they are making optics with narrow beam angles. As far as I can tell no one here has heard from them or seen their products.

They claim?? to have a 10 degree optic module.

-WayneY

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by dat2zip:
...There is also a company that sounds like Luxeon and has suggested that they are making optics with narrow beam angles. As far as I can tell no one here has heard from them or seen their products.

They claim?? to have a 10 degree optic module.

-WayneY
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes. Lumidrives. I've heard they don't particularly care to respond to email.

I submitted a form just now requesting technical data sheets for the 10 and 45 degree optics. I'm hoping they will send them.

Last edited:

NamTinker

Newly Enlightened
Lux, Hope you have more luck than I did. Luxeon technology is unknown over here in Namibia. I was looking for some demo kits for argchitects and engineering firms but received no replies whatsoever, not even with a direct e-mail to Rutledge.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The boss of Lumidrives, Gordon Routeledge (I think that's the spelling) is actually a CPF member and has posted a few times here and there. I've tried dealing with him outside the CPF, but met with the same stoney non-response. Not sure what they hope to achieve by all this silence.

Gordon, if you're there, there are folks here interested in your products...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I received an email reply, but I don't know what to make of it seeing they never asked for my address:

Dear Mr. Luthor,

Thank you for your request.

We look forward to seeing you again.
http://www.lumidrives.com/

I may march down to that lighting center myself, and see if I can get any first hand information.

Last edited:

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i cannot get this web page to pull up...Are they out of business? I too, emailed them months ago... no response.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Lux Luthor:
I may march down to that lighting center myself, and see if I can get any first hand information.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That may be exactly what Gordon wants of you. I have another friend who wanted to carry the Lumidrive line successfully contact him, only to have him insist that he personally meet Gordon to work out an agreement. Ooo.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say you guys are right. Lumidrives is friggin cold. No response to emails. Even going on their site gives me the chills. I'm a flashaholic just like everyone else here the 10 degree angle lens sounded interesting but I give up. I'll take my business elsewhere.

ARC mania

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I filled out the form for tech data, got an auto-reply and that was it. No other response at all..

Graham