6° reflector for LS

remuen

Enlightened
I've seen this 6° reflector designed for the LS star (LXHL-xx1C).

reflektor.jpg

Does somebody know where to get it cheapest?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Bushman:
who cares about cheapest... does anyone know just where to find them???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ditto that..

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK, I don't think a side emitter would work very well with such a deep reflector. It's probably intended for the LDs or HDs, those with most of their peak intensity in the narrower portions (30-60 degrees) of their beam profile. If you've seen the reflector of a PT Impact, you'd see what I mean - its considerably deep. The impact uses a typical 5mm LED with the narrow angle that we're all familiar with and needs a deep reflector to catch anything that's worth catching.

Since the SEs have most of their light coming out from their sides, I'd think we'd actually see pretty shallow reflectors for those critters.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
who cares about cheapest... does anyone know just where to find them???

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Here Here, price is secondary! Where can we get these?????? Who makes them? Hopefully not the elusive Lumidrive or whoever that is who has teased us with optics but won't come through..........

moraino

Enlightened
Remuen

Tell us where you've got the killer picture first.

You must know where to buy it because you have the picture. Wow, thats cool, I am sure more will be coming out.

I only thing I need now is patient. I don't have one. Take care.

Henry

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by hotfoot:
AFAIK, I don't think a side emitter would work very well with such a deep reflector.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The "critter" in those pictures looks more like an acrylic collimator housed in an opaque frame; rather than a metallised reflector.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ooh baby now we're cookin' -- I hope Mr. Peter G is seeing this interest in NARROWer beams!

_.----.
.----------------" / / \
( arc |) | =================!!
`----------------._\ \ /
"----'
...oh well it looked right before i posted it.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off topic here, but, I found on Future-electronics web site the NX01 and the NX05.

Is the NX01 the older optics and the NX05 the Lambertian HD optics?

The kits I am putting together are using the NX05 and the 1W batwing LD LED.

I have one mod with the acrylic ball which has a tight beam and I like it. It takes 25W to drive it.
grin.gif

-WayneY

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I think Craig is onto sumthin'...it looks like a holder for the regular optical collimator is all...(but somebody puh-leeze prove me wrong, so we can all have a reflector right now).

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think Craig's right. When I saw the word "reflector", I didn't think to look more closely. It does look like a collimator.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
mebbe a new collimator is on its way out, and rene just got hold of a prelim pic? alright fess up, where'd you get this pic, rene???

remuen

Enlightened
Ok, ok - I've heard you crying ....
grin.gif

A german dealer is selling these things which they claim is a reflector and not some kind of collimator and according them designed for the batwing LS only. Here is the link:

http://www.dianaelectronic.de/led/led16.htm

The price is €4.60 - but this is less than half the truth: To private people they only ship cash on delivery which costs €20.- inside Germany
mad.gif
(I don't know what we foreigners would have to pay). So at least €24.60 (~$23) for one piece (for a first test) seems quite a bit crazy to me ....

Can you now imagine how we Europeans feel trying to order parts from the USA? US companies want us to charge up to $30 only for S+H ....
mad.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by McGizmo:
Bitte!

Eine Grupen Kaufen???

So how about a group buy? I'm in for 2 :)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah - group buy, group buy! 2 sounds good for me too!

Don, I thought you were Irish by descent! Do ya have some German blood in you as well?

Das is goot!
smile.gif

remuen

Enlightened
Hey, I didn't know you all speak German
smile.gif

I therefore declare that from now on the language everyone has to use here in the CPF is German
grin.gif
!

Don, dann organisierst Du den Gruppen-Einkauf, da Du die Idee hattest!

Just a translation for the ones from another planet:
Don, as a group buy was your initial idea you now have to manage this new group buy!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I also would take at least two ....