Anyone who has recently ordered an HDS U60 GT

dta116

Newly Enlightened
This is a call for anyone that has recently ordered an HDS U60GT to please list you serial number, I am trying to determine if mine is an older model that has been warehoused or if it is a newly manufactured one.

Mine is #1514

Thank you for your assistance.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you assuming that the numbers are sequential from one common starting point?

This sounds like you aren't happy with the light that you recieved. If this is the case have you contacted the vendor and expressed your concerns?

What about the light leads you to believe it is an older warehoused unit?

Your post just seems like it might be the wrong way to go about things. If you've already tried dealing with the vendor, why not post a cheers/jeers thread?

As far as I know, HDS wants you to be happy with your light and will exchange or refund without a hassle. If you don't want the unit you have for a particular reason and the vendor won't exchange it for another, ask for a refund and buy it from somewhere else but be specific about the problems you had with this light when you buy from a new vendor.

dta116

Newly Enlightened
I am absolutly NOT unhappy with my light, I paid for the newest version and I expect to recieve the newest version. There are issues with the older versions such as tail standing and lamp tint and programming changes.

I thought the newer numbers begain in the 4xxxx's but I just wanted to be sure...

TorchMan

Enlightened
Mine's definitely one of the older models, and I bought it almost a year ago. It's not a GT, either.

Hoping not to side track this thread too far with questions and comments, but here goes...

Programming changes from the older lights to the new? I really need to follow the HDS section more, because I'm in the dark without a light on this one.

Does your light tail stand? Mine does, with only minimal wobble. It seems to wobble a bit more now, as the tail cap ballooned a wee bit.

I too thought the newer versions began in 4xxx. Also seem to remember reading a while back that the serial numbers were not sequential.

BTW, love that avatar. Have you heard the Miller Lite: Real Men of Genius commercial about the way too proud of Texas guy? And lest you take offense, know that I'm one.

dta116

Newly Enlightened
This is the official Word from Henry....

"The serial numbers are only guaranteed to be unique."

That answers that question....