Yet another PC question - Flash 7.0 not working

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately I've had problems going to sites that require Flash 7.0

I can't get any images at all even though I've loaded the new Flash version.

I've enabled pop-ups but it's still no go. My PC is an Athlon 3300+ operating on XP Home w/ SP 2.

Can somebody give me some guidance?

metalhed

Enlightened
Just my two cents...I really dislike Flash. I especially dislike entire websites that are written with the stuff.

I run Firefox without it, that way I avoid all the obnoxious ads and animations that folks use that crap for. If I really need to visit a Flash-dominated site, I open a version of IE I have that does have it installed. I won't use it on my site...ever.

They cheesed me off several years ago when they added the 'access my webcam and hard-drive' options. I'll never forget thinking that first time, "What in the hell does Macromedia need access to my webcam and PC drives for..that's nuts!!"

I still think the same thing today...as far as I'm concerned, they are on a par with Real Networks, MS, and others who would like to virtually own my web-browser and computer. Bah...

Sorry Marty, rant off. :)

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
metalhed said:
Just my two cents...I really dislike Flash. I especially dislike entire websites that are written with the stuff.

I run Firefox without it, that way I avoid all the obnoxious ads and animations that folks use that crap for. If I really need to visit a Flash-dominated site, I open a version of IE I have that does have it installed. I won't use it on my site...ever.

They cheesed me off several years ago when they added the 'access my webcam and hard-drive' options. I'll never forget thinking that first time, "What in the hell does Macromedia need access to my webcam and PC drives for..that's nuts!!"

I still think the same thing today...as far as I'm concerned, they are on a par with Real Networks, MS, and others who would like to virtually own my web-browser and computer. Bah...

Sorry Marty, rant off. :)

I feel your pain but I've tried to go on 3 different websites that require Flash.
If there is no simple solution, I'll move on to something else.