receiptless warranty

photorob

Enlightened
I understand that allot of people buy lights through the buy sell trade with out receipts. Does anyone have any experience with getting warranted work from surefire with out the receipt.

Firebladz

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a used SF light and it came with the paperwork "not receipt" however in the paperwork / manuals it says "The Surefire guarantee" If it breaks, we fix it!

I don't think they expect a receipt or proof of purchase as long as it's a SF light they will most likely warantee it for you...

photorob said:
I understand that allot of people buy lights through the buy sell trade with out receipts. Does anyone have any experience with getting warranted work from surefire with out the receipt.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think most of the established manufacturers (like Mag, Streamlight, Pelican, Surefire, et al) ever ask for a receipt (I've certainly never been asked for one.) And the warranties from some of the more obscure brands of lights that are being sold on web sites or online auction sites probably aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

photorob said:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Off (flashlight) topic a little, I just got a reply from Camelbak, about a defective replacement reservoir (liner) I recently bought, and the reply was basically 'What type do you need, and where do we send it...'

I gather Surefire's service is similar, although I have yet to test their response.

It's nice to see companies standing by their quality products, but admitting that the occasional fault will occur, due to manufacturing percentages, etc.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Receipts are usually only needed in cases when there is a limited time warranty. The receipt serves as proof of the purchase date. Another situation where a receipt might be needed is where the vendor is your contact for warranty cases. A lot of vendors don't want to go through the hassle of a warranty procedure is the product was purchased elsewhere.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I've called Surefire Customer Service several times, with problems with flashlights I purchased on Ebay, for my collection. I have always told the Customer Service Rep, they were purchased them on Ebay, used. Surefire has never let me down. I even offer to purchase the parts first, and they still send the parts, free of charge. I actually feel guilty, sometimes.

oldgrandpajack

DonX_Fi

Newly Enlightened
I broke my Poly4AA Luxeon.
I contacted Streamlight USA and they were happy to help me.
I found more damage later and contacted again Streamlight USA. They suggested me to Send broken Poly to Finnish exclusive distributor for to get new one.
Finnish Importer asked me about receipt.
I don't have receipt.
Finnish Importer sayed to me : " NO WARRANTY "
I'm MAD ! :mad:
Now What ?
I just happened to like my PolyPro4aa Luxeon very much.
I will report later what USA Streamlight likes Scandinavic "No Warranty without receipt campaign "
--
It was also quite funny, when customer service's person told me that, how disappointing model Streamlight PolyPropeon 4aa Luxeon is !
Can You imagine what was customer servant's knowledge of Led light's ?
:eek:

Last edited: