INRETECH White LS Adapter

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
So Roy,

The Inretech seems to have the second-lowest output.

But the important question is -- Do you like it?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
At $20.00 it is a good value. If I did't have the Madmax and the Ill Pill, I'd think it was a great light. Color is good and pattern is smoth. I would recommend it as a good first mod.

It is a direct drive...pluggs right into the bulb socket.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy,

Anyway you could do a runtime test with the Inretech product? As I and other's have mentioned the Reactor is lousy with alkalines and decent with lithiums. I'm wonder if the Inretech could fair any better with alkalines.

Roy

Look at the numbers in my first post again...the first numberfor each light is with alkaline batteries and the second number is with Li batteries.

I have noticed that the position of the collimator on the led is critical. After cleaning the led and repositioning the collimator I go a value of 167mv with Li batteries. That's the price you pay for having a bare led and a loose collimator.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Roy:
Look at the numbers in my first post again...the first numberfor each light is with alkaline batteries and the second number is with Li batteries.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I see that but I'm wondering how the performance using alkaline's holds up after being left continuously on for a period of time. With my Reactor, even after the first hour, the brightness had diminished substantially when used with alkalines.

Empath

Flashaholic
I received mine on Saturday. My first concern was the heat. After checking Salesinretech's comments, and finding it's direct drive on two AA cells, I wasn't as concerned. It's a direct replacement of the lamp, with you just plugging it into the two holes the lamp occupied. The optics had a tendency to spin against the lens when you twist the head turning it on, which I knew would end up scratching eventually. I transferred it to a Legend AA that I didn't use much in order to make use of the tailswitch, and sealed the head in place.

As Roy says, it's a good white even light, and next to the Reactor, it's a limousine. I suspect it will dim rapidly, but it does a good job on fresh batteries.

Roy

Received the INRETECH White LS Minimag adaptor. The package contained a sheet of instructions, a "clear optic", the LS adapter and a set of AA batteries (nice touch!). Intallation is a "no brainer".

The light output of the INRETECH White adaptor was compaired to an ARC SLS (2xAA), CMG Reactor, Ill Pill and a Madmax Sandwitch. The light output was measured in mvdc using a photocell and a multimeter. The same two alkaline and Li batteries were used in each flashlight. Alkaline is listed first.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> Alk Li
INRETECH White......136mv...153mv
Madmax Sandwitch....240mv...261mv
Lamda Ill Pill......212mv...236mv
ARC SLS 2xAA........192mv...216mv
CMG Reactor......... 92mv...113mv
Added
LGI.................335mv...n/r </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Added: The beam on this light is a smooth, even white color with a hint of blue in the center hot-spot. No hint of the yellow-green that is so common in the LS.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Empath:
I transferred it to a Legend AA that I didn't use much in order to make use of the tailswitch, and sealed the head in place.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So it DID fit into a Brinkmann Legend AA! Any problems? I much prefer the Brinkmann to the mini-mag.

Wonder how it would do in a Brinkmann 3AA ?

Zephyr

Enlightened
Wonder how it would do in a Brinkmann 3AA ?[/QB][/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. Anybody tried using this thing direct drive using the Brinkmann 3AA? Will destructive heat be an issue here?

ZEPH

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
If it is a direct plug-in to the stock light's bipin sockets, I believe heat would become a destructive issue since there would only be plastic between the LS assembly and the rest of the light's aluminum body. I did a temperature test after leaving a Legend 3AA DirectDrive light on and after about 10 minutes it stabilized at 118F at the heatsink/tube lip junction, and was in the mid-90s even down near the tailcap. Heat was spreading like crazy from the LS all up and down the light body. And it would have no place to go with the original plastic parts plugging up the heat dissipation path.

Roy

Just received one of Mr Bulk's Long Gun Illuminators! It's a 3xAA Brinkmann Legend direct drive LS conversion. Hoo Boy is it bright! Added it to the list in the first posting in this thread. There is no value for Li batteries as they would probably smoke the light.