Photon Freedom Runtime Graphs???

dtsoll

Enlightened
Anyone know if there are any runtime graphs for these lights? I know they don't last as long as we want but I would like to see what they actually do. If someone can do this I would send em the batteries. Doug:)

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
When I receive the Photon Freedom (early next week, hopefully) I am proposing to generate runtime graphs of it (thats one reason why I purchased the datalogging light meter recently).

I am also proposing to generate runtime graphs of several other lights, particularly those lights with multiple levels of brightness running at lower brightness levels.

Where applicable, different battery chemistries will be tested also.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to see such a graph too :)

I suspect Exponential decay, but who knows, we might have some surprises here.

ViReN

d1337

Enlightened
This would be great to know. Many people have said that the only provide 2 hours of useful light but Iwould guess much more.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I see where the red, yellow, orange and some other colors last for supposedly 120 hours, I highly doubt that. Could be, but I bet they are VERY dim by then! This is apposed to the 12-14 hours for white and the rest of the colors. I've always been curious to see a graph of these though. Doug:)

paulr

Flashaholic
There's some graphs for the Photon 3 at the LED Museum. It has quite long runtime especially in the low and medium settings. I'd expect the Freedom to be similar. I myself did an impromptu test with a Photon II clone and they have -tremendous- runtime--like several days nonstop--at a brightness level of "enough to not bump into things in the dark". I'd say the P2 clone was brighter than a stock CMG Infinity (non-Ultra) for about 8 hours, and remember that the Infinity was a popular and very practical light that got replaced by more powerful versions basically for marketing reasons. However, the initial very bright period for these coin lights is only 1/2 hour or so, followed by 3-4 hours of pretty good brightness. The amazing part is the long dimming "tail".

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr,

That's not out of line with what my casual tests have shown me. I think that many of us use lights so differently that sometimes it's hard to determine what 'useful' means.

I have uses for dim lights. I always run the PF NV green on a 2032 instead of 2x2016s. Even given that the green will seem brighter than white, I ended up canceling a runtime test at 9-10 days IIRC. It was much dimmer but still very useable for me. I just got bored with the test and wanted to put the light back into my life again.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
runtime to 50% and 25% would be really useful. with dark adapted eyes, even 5% of light is sufficient (in case of Photon Freedom Max) (i checked it with a Light meter)