• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Golston Part-Stippled Reflectors With Beamshots!

FirstDsent

Enlightened
-SOLD OUT-

I have a limited supply of new unused reflectors identical to those that briefly came in the Golston 2 X 3.6V Rechargeable flashlight. Those lights are not available any more, but you can still upgrade. These reflectors have the inner 1/3 stippled. The hotspot is smaller, brighter, and smoother. The spillbeam is about the same. They throw better than the SMO reflector. The beamshots tell it all. I'll try to add outside beamshots to show long-range throw These are a direct swap for the smooth reflector found in the original "7W Super Bright Waterproof USA" lights, and the newer "Power 3.6V X 2 Charge Battery" model. They will not fit the "cooler" design. The cooler one uses a smaller reflector.
These plastic reflectors are the dimensionally the same as the smooth ones that come stock in Golston Family flashlights. They are superior to IMS reflectors that I have used including the IMS20, and the IMS27.5. The partial stippling in the center removes ringy artificts, while the smooth areas preserve the legendary throw. I honestly can't explain why it throws better. The stippling would suggest otherwise.

Excuse the dust. I just unpacked them.
Part-StippledReflector.jpg

They are as follows:

.808" (20.5mm) high overall

1.26" (32mm) OD overall at flange

1.16" (29.5mm) OD just under the flange

1.095" (27.8mm) ID at the outlet

.335" (8.5mm) ID at the emitter hole

The emitter opening is large enough to fit over a Lux I, III, and V emitter body. The reflector has no legs like an IMS. It is designed to sandwich its flange between the end of the head bore and the glass window just like a Mag or MiniMag. It can be used without the flange in other applications if some spacer is made to hold it roughly flush with the emitter's top edge.

They are .059" (1.5mm)longer than the IMS27.5 (to flush with the top edge of the emitter),

They are .205" (5.2mm)longer than the McR27

They are .192" (4.88mm)shorter than the McR27L

They are available for $6 including shipping to the continental US. International shipping available at cost. My starting inventory is 17. See the end of this post for an updated countdown. I accept PayPal including credit card. Post in this thread and send payment to [email protected]

BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN YOUR PAYPAL NOTE!

1M beamshots:
The smooth reflector is on the left. The part-stippled reflector is on the right. I swapped the reflectors in these two lights and got the same results. The difference in color is due to the different tints of the emitters. I don't have two Golstons that are the same color, but none are objectionable. The new reflector kicks ***.

1. This longer 1:250 sec. exposure shows the overall reflectivity of the beams. Note the PS reflector appears to have a larger hotspot due to its brighter hotspot and resulting greater reflectivity on the white wall, but the faster exposures tell the real story.
Beamshot250.jpg

2. Below is at 1:500 sec. Note the ringy corona from the SMO reflector. It is much more noticable at farther distances.
beamshot500.jpg

3. Below is 1:800 sec. Note the intensity of the PS hotspot. The stippling does not "flood-out" the beam at all. It just smooths the transition from spot to corona. If there is a change in parabolic contour, I can't tell, but despite the stippling, it throws better! I don't have a lux meter, but the PS would read higher based on my observation, and the reflectivity on beamshot #1.
Beamshot800.jpg

Edit: CLOSED

Bernie

Last edited:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Re: FS: Golston Part-Stippled Reflectors With Beamshots!

Reserve one for me please. Sending payment asap.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for one, if only for curiosity's sake.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Me for one as per my P.M.

Thanks

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take all you have left! Could you please PM me with quantity so I'll know how much you want for the remainder?

Thanks! :)

FirstDsent

Enlightened

The last 8 are pending for Milkyspit
I will try to get more. Look for a future post to this forum.
Thank you all for your business!

Bernie lenrow

Walt175

Enlightened
Got mine today and have to say :goodjob: . It's one thing to see a beamshot, quite another to witness it in person. This reflector made a HUGE difference in beam quality in my light.:thanks: :bow:

Luxoholic

Newly Enlightened
The mail man just came and droped mine off. Very nice. I have to agree about the beam shot, Put one on a k2 and it has very nice throw. Thanks again.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Received mine this morning thanks FirstDsent, my results match your photos. Money well spent once again Thank You.
Norm

Latest posts