Questions re. the Longbow ECO

Spordin

Enlightened
Looking for a 2AA tail clickie addition to my survival kit/BOB, and this light sounds interesting.

How does output compare to other 2AA's? How does clickie reliability compare to other 2AA tail clickies, such as Fenix L2P/L2T. Are there any upgrades available? Other thoughts from owners would be appreciate.

Also, are there any beamshots for the ECO (flashlightreviews doesn't even review the light)?

Thanks

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Longbow clickie is basically a Kroll clickie. Reliability has always been an iffy with these. The Kroll is a normal clickie and the Fenix is a reverse clickie. I don't have the ECO but I do have a Micra and they use the same parts (except for the tube)
As for upgrades, you can get the luxV module or you can build your own module from parts available at the Shoppe.

Parts will soon be hard to get as Longbow went out of business. You can still search BST for Longbow stuff.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stock longbow lights arent really the best when you need a good light. Construction is excellent however, on par with many other manufacturers like SF. The main problem is they never bothered using better LEDs and electronics. They only featured 1 watt lights, and a lux V upgrade module to be used with the Eco. (I am told that the Eco uses an adapter for 2AA to fit into the body itself. Without the adapter you can use 3xCR123 which is what you need to operate the Lux V module) I have a Micra, that has a McCapsule with a DownBoy 750, UX1L, running on 1 R123. It runs for a short time, but it does fine and I dont plan on keeping it on that setup long. I want a Eco tube so that I can run it on 3x123 but LongBow parts are already rare as it is, and them going out of business would mean that there probably wont be anything out there. Anyway, to answer your question there are alot more lights cheaper and better than the LongBow eco. I would suggest a Fenix L2P or L2T depending on your needs.

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
I have longbow micra ,mini & eco .also , 5w (9210) [123ax3],as I am its H.k. agent .

The stuff & design of longbow are very good to work tough condition , vs dropping(gravity) ,water pressure (diving to200feet) or crash force by car .....
however ,the output of longbow of 1w is not high enough ,acutal about 22 lumen .
also ,the price of longbow are high that cause people may choose sf.
in town , i use q3 for walking in the street , ......
but in rural or courtyside park , surely , I use longbow 100% for ensure its normal use becuse he quaility of some china producers are not stable enough ...)

Latest posts