arc ls 611ma mod

lessing

Newly Enlightened
I am going through and "upgrading" all of my older lights, but I have one ls first run that I have not had or done anything to that I want to do the amperage upgrade to. I have searched the forums but I can not find any threads on how to do this. Does anyone have the link or a how to for this mod? What is required in parts? I have one that has already been modded, but I can;t tell what was done. Will this make the ls ready for a lux iii or just up the drive current on a lux 1?

thanks.

cy

Flashaholic
look at what color board is one first run. if it's gold and working, leave it alone. unless you are prepared to replace the board.

odds are if you attemp to open up bezel, you will scratch first run taking it apart. then once you get it apart, black expoxy used inside will usually rip a few components off the board.

if it's a hybrid first run, it'll will have a green or brown board. those can be opened up and modded simular to one piece ARC LS.

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The green board or brown board Arc's use the same circuit as the BB. Doubling up on the current sense resistor will get you to 667mA. Other drive levels can be computed by using 0.05/(Rsense). As cy said, the older first runs are not worth modifying unless you get a new circuit board.

lessing

Newly Enlightened
It is a green circuit board. What was the value of the original resiter? And does the second rsister go on the open set of pads next to the small surface resister that says r15?

I already have gotten it open just fine, although I don't think it is really water proof now. I put a s bin in the light and its already a better light.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original is 0.15 ohms. On the second resistor location--Yes.