How long does this last?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get one you'd better plan on modding it. I have/had one and it has ZERO spill. Just one circular spot about 7-8 inches in diameter.

I found it to be pretty useless.

Illum

Flashaholic
Im thinking of installing a "board of LEDs in the head and remove the optics all together by replacing the lens by cutting out the diameter needed from old eveready 2D "$1" lights

Warp

Enlightened
Those look eerily similer to a 3xAAA Brinkman I picked up for $10 at Walmart. It has a plastic body though.

The Brinkman is advertised as lasting 70 hours.

mdocod

Flashaholic
not the same light- but i bought a taskforce 3xAAA 1W awhile back at lowes... I hated the beam pattern (little spot with no spill)... so i started modding.... installed a reflector from a burnt out G&P lamp assembly in it... (required lots of grinding to make a proper fitment)...

the results are nice- has a nice usable splotch of light in the middle with plenty of even spillbeam everywhere else...

I also removed the resistor.. shortly thereafter the tailswitch busted, so i'm figuring out a solution to that delima... some of these little 3xAAA lights have a lot of room to play with other options.. like boring to fit a C cell and underdriving with a NIMH, or overdriving with a 18650(with spring removed long cells often fit into the tailcap)... anyways.. just some ideas....