Streamlight Tl-2 LED Gen 2

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does flashaholics have to say about this light is it a good light? Hows the Throw and sidespill? I saw it at my Local hunting shop for $20

wwglen

Enlightened
While I like the size of the 1st gen at $20 it is a STEEL.

About as bright as most 3 watt lights. Good feel. Regulated.

Buy it.

wwglen

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
What does flashaholics have to say about this light is it a good light? Hows the Throw and sidespill? I saw it at my Local hunting shop for $20

if your can get Streamlight TL-2 LED Gen 2 for $20... you should buy them all...

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get one for me too! Can't resist at that price.

I need to sell some lights already, but can't pass this up.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like others, if it really is a TL-2 Gen2 LED, I'll take a couple!

Great light...I have the TL-2 xenon and a Scorpion LED (makes a TL-2 gen2 LED if you take the top portion of the Scorpion head and screw it to the TL-2 body). Great output and throw. As bright as most 3W 2cell lights and very close to pricier 3W 2cell lights like the Pelican 2390 and Pentagon L2. The grip is very nice...grippier than knurling while still being comfortable. A great light!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
This is a better deal than the KL1 head, more output and lux, and same runtime.

Bill

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your local shop has them for $20, you should buy them all and then resell them here at a profit. You'll not only pay for your own light, but could end up with a little extra for your efforts as well. If you sold them for $30-35 each, the CPF members should be very happy to get such a price (except the whiners who will think that you should sell them for $15 shipped,) you'd stand to be well rewarded for your find.

skalomax said:

pete7226

Enlightened
Its my backup light at work, Chicago Police,and my primary vehicle search light. Output is good with 2hr+ run-time. Throw is better than my l2 and about the same as a u2/l5. Sidespill is good. I think the numbers on flashlightreview.com back this up. My primary light is a 9p/c3 or an m4 depending on the target. I stopped carrying the Dept. approved streamlight stinger years ago. I also occasionally use my 9p+a19+Arcmania 5w led in a SRTH for searching open fields for thrown narcotics and the like. I currently use 1 pila 600s in the tl2 and carry a spares case with 6 123's incase. TL2 led gen2 cant be beat for a strong and long-lasting small area search light. Cheap $ too.

Latest posts