1 AA flashlight for $50 (ish)

Tuckie

Newly Enlightened
I've been meaning to spend a bit more on a flashlight than I have in the past, and with the fourth coming up, I want a decent one for setting up fireworks. I have been eyeing the L1T for its dual stage abilities (better battery life/more versatile). For me, the biggest downside is the twist switch (I would much rather prefer a clicky) Does anyone have any thoughts on the L1T, or any other suggestions for a light in this price-range? Although a headlamp would probably be a better choice for the fourth, I plan on using this for more of a general around the house flashlight afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one, so I can't comment much, but just FYI, the L1T uses a (reverse) clicky switch. The twist bezel serves to select the brightness level (low is achieved by leaving the bezel slightly loose, high by tightening down). If you leave the bezel in either of these positions, the L1T will act as a normal reverse clicky light.

morituri

Newly Enlightened
I have the L1T - Solstice is right, it's a reverse clicky switch. The Civictor is the one with the twisty. L1T is a great choice - I only use the high level once in a while; the low level is plenty of light for night work around the house.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Tucki:)

Welcome at cpf:grin2:

I vote also for a Fenix L1T or L1P. The L1P with the 2-stage mod (clickie for high and low) and twist the tailcap for on/off is in "low" dimmer than the L1T.

Depends what you prefer.

Best regards

____
Tom

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

fleegs

Enlightened
I recommend the Princeton Tec EOS. I assume with fireworks you would want your hands free.

If you are deadset on a flashlight then a Fenix should be fine. I still think a headlamp would be better.

Good luck,
rob

Tuckie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the warm welcoming :)

@ D@rk Messenger: upon searching the forum for the jet1 it appears that it was a pre-order on the forums, but it is now over. I can't view that particular thread right now as it gives me a page cannot be displayed for some reason.

Illum

Flashaholic

Tuckie

Newly Enlightened
Well... Now I'm contemplating the L1/2P combo at fenix-store and maybe even the P1 (are the different/more expensive batteries worth it?).

:awman:

Anyone willing to sway me in one direction or another?:grin2:

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
fleegs said:
I recommend the Princeton Tec EOS. I assume with fireworks you would want your hands free.

If you are deadset on a flashlight then a Fenix should be fine. I still think a headlamp would be better.

Good luck,
rob
I would say-both :)

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Tuckie said:
Thanks all for the warm welcoming :)

@ D@rk Messenger: upon searching the forum for the jet1 it appears that it was a pre-order on the forums, but it is now over. I can't view that particular thread right now as it gives me a page cannot be displayed for some reason.

Sorry, I meant the two stage that emillion eventually is going to release, they are still being sold at emillion's workshop (just google that and you'll find it)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Also what about them Inova that uses a single AA battery (forgot the model)? There's also the CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultras.

Tuckie

Newly Enlightened
Well, I went ahead and ordered the L1T at fenix-store :rock: with the father's day promo code.

Wish me luck ;) Does anyone have any estimates as to how long shipping usually takes to get to MI?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the way to access the L1T two stages. I got my two orders from the Fenix-store very quickly. Few days.
Tuckie said:
Well, I went ahead and ordered the L1T at fenix-store :rock: with the father's day promo code.

Wish me luck ;) Does anyone have any estimates as to how long shipping usually takes to get to MI?

Latest posts