Golston 11Watt is out, 13Watt announced..

JanCPF

Enlightened
No problem. They just ad a couple of resistors in parallel with the LED to dissipate some more power though, and call it a 13 watt :lolsign:

Jan

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah havent you heard,

They are also introducing a 5mm Led with the efficiency of a Mag85
All running on one AAA battery.

rotflmao.gif

Benny

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
I thought the W in the model name of Golston lights stood for What?

Basically isn't this just cheap shoddy marketing, got to have a higher number than the other guys?

Last edited:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually you can mod your Golston to 15W. Just unscrew the head and solder a wire connecting the LED plus and the LED minus. Make sure to have the light off when you do the mod.
Then when you turn it on, your Golston will dissipate about 15W - at the small cost that the LED won't turn on, but hey Watts to the LED was never the question anyway right.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe this fall they will have the pocket heater?

Golston 15 watt pocket heater, uses LED and resistor technology, no more cold hands or thumbling around in the dark!!!

vortechs

Enlightened
I heard that Golston was planning to come out with a 35W version. Perhaps it is a new HID LED. :huh:

[This is one of the funniest threads I have read on CPF.]

Illum

Flashaholic
mobile1 said:
Actually you can mod your Golston to 15W. Just unscrew the head and solder a wire connecting the LED plus and the LED minus. Make sure to have the light off when you do the mod.
Then when you turn it on, your Golston will dissipate about 15W - at the small cost that the LED won't turn on, but hey Watts to the LED was never the question anyway right.

If theres a regulating circuitry in there the shorting "solder a wire connecting the LED plus and the LED minus" would fry the circuit....if its a DD it would fry the batts...

You want 15 watts of heat, buy a handwarmer

But to correctly respond to the post:
:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Where did the whole 7 (and +) watt thing come from? All I see on those lights is 7W or something and everybody assumes the W is for watt. Watt if.... uhhhh I mean what if Golston 7W is just meant to be a name, like Surefire 6P or something like that??

Don't you think the guys and girls over at Golston are laughing at us for being complete retards assuming that the W stands for Watt??

:laughing:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
Don't you think the guys and girls over at Golston are laughing at us for being complete retards assuming that the W stands for Watt??

:laughing:

Well in that case its even easier to mod.... just take an old key and scratch a 1 in front of the 7 and voila you got an instant 17W Golston - (assuming W doensnt stand for Watts)... this Golston is getting easier and easier to mod

:lolsign:

I will tell you right now that something that if something that size and shape was dissipating 10+ watts, it will get too hot to touch in a short order.

1500W (1.5kW) Golston clone, now only $395

13W, 17W, 20W? Why settle for these sub-par junk using fake Luxeon emitters when you can get a one and half kilowatt ten Luxeon light made using REAL Luxeon lamps?

Runtime: Approximately 3.5 hours on ten, 12V 50Ah in series. DC 120V.

Do not block air flow to 1460W resistor module.

With cheap counterfeit, you never know what the wattage means. Unlike those junk, we guarantee that our unit will use and dissipate 5120 BTU/hr 1300kCal/hr into the air. In fact we are so sure our unit will perform to its spec that we recommend a minimum of 7,500 BTU air conditioning capacity for the room to maintain comfortable temperature.

Fan cooling on resistor module recommended to keep it from getting too hot to touch. Here's a prototype. Once there's enough interest, I will actually have the ten Luxeon module made.

Reverse Polarity protection diode included in price (not pictured).

5b4ae0fa.jpg

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: 1500W (1.5kW) Golston clone, now only $395

I aplaud this!!! awsom idea... I think i might be able to come up with a more compact version however.. think blowdryer+light combo... 120V li-ion battery pack worn on back.. that way it would be PISTOL GRIP STYLE!!!

this is really a great point to make though... it's terrable that these china lights are using consumed watts to name their lgihts... they are ripoffs because they are becoming less efficiant than incan (after losses into a resistor) meaning that you go through MORE batteries to get less light.... I wish they would just give them regular model numbers or names..

Latest posts