Anyone smoke cigars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoman

Enlightened
Just wondering.....I got into it in the Navy and I enjoy a quiet smoke every now and then.

My favorites are the CAO Brazilia and Ashton VSG, both Churchill size.....

dragoman

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Yes, I smoke cigars. I like the Philly Titans (Maduros). The price is right and they taste good. Once smoked a Havana Imperial and almost turned green. Also, was in the Navy and smoked Winton cigarettes while on those 8 hour watches. Mainly during POOW or aft shotgun.

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is Cohiba Siglo IV, and my second favorite is Montecristo No.2 torpedo. A little pricey, but I have always favored cuban cigars.

www.cigarsofhabanos.com for authentic cubans. Have ordered from them half a dozen times and have always been real authentic cubans.

Spudman

Enlightened
I smoke about one cigar a month. I like the Padron cigar. I also like the Opus X and Cuban Cohiba if I can find one. Since I don't smoke them often, I try and get good quality cigars. Yeah, I'm spending too much, but I'm usually celebrating something if I'm having a cigar, so why not?

dca2

Enlightened
A. Fuente Chateeau or Double Chateau for a nice, different smoke. And when full of beverage on camping/canoe trips and out of cash, Phillie Blunts peach-soooo nasty, they're kind of good! :green:

drizzle

Enlightened
I smoke 1 or 2 a year. I've been in a rut with Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur #1. I'm going to try some of these listed above.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
citizenal,

which ones are the Cubans? They don't seem to be priced like Cubans and they don't say they are Cubans anywhere I can find..

Donovan

Enlightened
I used to love Cupido cigars (they were by far my favorite) but they are no longer being made. LA CAROLINA is supposed to be the same cigar with a new name but I have never tried them. (Anyone had both of these????)

I also get Onyx and CAO from time to time and you can't go wrong with a Macanudo Rubust. Some folks look down on Macanudos as being "too common" but they are always very consistent quality, good price and I have never had a bad one!

It's funny the worst cigar I have ever had was a Cuban! Another Cuban was one of the best...

P.S. Also spent 6 years in the USN...

Last edited:

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Romeo y Julieta Churchills tubos or Casa Blanca 7X50s. I like mellow Dominican cigars. Will smoke Te Amos or rough and smelly Phillipine cigars when in the mood. Have tried several Cubans (Bolivars, Cohibas, Romeo y Julietas, etc) but much too strong for me.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, last weekend I dumped 4 boxes of nice quality cigars in the trash...

I've quit smoking a while ago and kept these as I thought it would be a waste. But Saturday evening I was having a glass of whisky on my balcony and I lit up a cigar... It just didn't do it for me anymore... so I threw the whole lot away...

nethiker

Enlightened
I've given up the booze, finally quit the cigarettes but still smoke cigars. I enjoy a good Cohiba now and then but have to admit my usual smoke is a Swisher Sweet. They're available at the general store, don't break the bank and I simply enjoy them.

dragoman

Enlightened
Maycooper:

You're kidding me......damn, wish I'd done this thread earlier, I'd have paid the shipping to me :(

dragoman

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
... I knew I should have put them on b/s/t first...

It was a closure thing... it had to be done... Strange thing is that even tho I know the whole smoking experience doesn't work for me anymore, the craving is still there... Oh well, I did plan on having a nice glass of that wonderful liquid from the Balvenie distillery :) (yes, I have to plan that, due to my meds) it'll be just fine without any smoke...

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
..ok Ravi emailed me and said all the cigars at the cigarsofhabanos website were Cubans -- how can they be so cheap and with the shipping included? I order a bunch of Upmann 46's but -- rats! -- they take only Visa or Mastercard..

..and, there is a "nuetralization" check-box option for "shipments to the US" (so they remove the identifying marks and bands) -- what happens if you don't check it ???

I see a few other places on the web that seem to sell Cubans -- any one know of a reliable one that takes Discover or AmericanXpress ???

Status
Not open for further replies.