Advice Needed:HDS Light 60 or wait for the 85

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I am looking to purchase a HDS light and I would like some advice about the 60 or if I should wait until the 85 is available? Also if there is a big deal with the 60 Basic,60 Ultimate GT XR or 60 LE? thanks for any advice:confused: :help:

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
leprechaun414 said:
I am looking to purchase a HDS light and I would like some advice about the 60 or if I should wait until the 85 is available? Also if there is a big deal with the 60 Basic,60 Ultimate GT XR or 60 LE? thanks for any advice:confused: :help:

85? What 85? :sssh:

I have an Ultimate 60 XRGT and it rules. I think you should spend the little extra to get all the features. It's nice to be able to set the lockout feature, and to customize the four light levels.

ianb

Enlightened
There have been a few delays with the 85 after a first limited run, I would buy a U60 and enjoy it for what could be months until the 85 resurfaces :D
I have a U60 XRGT and love it, read the manual a couple of times and you can use some pretty cool features.
If it does come out again soon you could always sell yours on for a small loss and get the 85 anyway,
Ian

luxlover

Banned
mikeymoto said:
85? What 85? :sssh:..........
Well said, mikey! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

leprechaun414,
Listen to mikey. Mikey knows what he is talking about! From MY point of view, get any flavor of Ultimate 60 light and you will be very happy with it.

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy the 60 now. It can work out a couple of different ways:

A) After you own the 60, you'll be happy with it and won't feel the need to own an 85. Unlikely, but possible. I have a Basic 42, and I've been trying to convince myself for over half a year that I "need" a 60. So far, I've met nothing but failure.

B) You'l wait forever waiting for the 85 to come out. All that time, you could have been enjoying your 60. But you aren't, cuz you never bought it. Maybe the 85 will never come out. It's been delayed upteen times already. Buy your 60 now!

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that for most tasks the 60 is more than adequate. If you're looking for more throw or light might as well get a second bigger light with the extra cash you plan to spend for the 85. The Amondotech Illuminator costs just $130 and produces 3000+ lumens. You can never have too many lights. I find that I use the lower levels more often than the higher or highest levels. I mostly engage 60 just to make sure it still works. I've never been in a situation yet where I've actually needed that much light.