• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SPY 005, blk, 1000mA

fasteddie

Enlightened
For sale: SPY 005, black, no logo, 1000ma, #74, only 5 minutes play time on it, perfect. $385 shipped priority mail in the CONUS. MO or check preferred, paypal, you pay the fee. Great light, but other purchases require this sale. First "I'll take it" prevails. Willing to ship outside the US if you pay the shipping and help me with the details.

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd have to ask the people. I imagine each person's reason is different. I have one and love it.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
New "Custom" lights often appear shortly after run is complete, as mentioned, for various reasons.

I have two of the Spy 005's and they are the most unique, longest runtime lights in a 2xCR123 package that is unbelievably small. Fit, finish, electronics, (6 level rotary switch that is truly remarkable) Mclux reflector, able to run primaries or rechargeables make for a more than exceptional light.

I'm suprised this hasn't sold yet?

jeffb

fasteddie

Enlightened
Anglepoise said:
This is the third one for sale this week.
What gives with this model?

In my case, I'm more of a custom knife collector than a flashlight collector, and some knives came available that I'm very interested in. I also sold a very hard to come by knife the other day at cost. Just trying to raise some cash for another impulsive hobby purchase.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
(smirk) Maybe we should stop bumping this. Someone may have marked it and is saying "please no one buy this before friday."

OK, I'll end the suspense. A fellow CPFer I spoke with sounded like a paid endorsement for this light, and upon careful consideration I now appreciate the unique character of it. I missed out on the original sign up list but it seems this is one of the finest examples of custom made lights there is.

SOLD to the guy in the goofy Aloha shirt for $385! I'll take it! :sold:

email sent

Last edited:
The technical details on the intricacy of its machining and manufacture are stunning, amazing to behold that an enterprising, creative, and talented individual can take a great idea and manifest it into tangible reality. Put me on an island with a bunch of machine tools and materials for 50 years and I doubt I could have come up with anything remotely similar. This light looks like it was made with a million dollar process. My hats off to you, Data, and I'm glad I get a chance to own a piece of your dream! Fasteddie, I hope you find the blade of your dreams, tomorrow!

fasteddie

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the bumps, etc. I had not yet sold it.

808, I haven't received the email from you yet. If you sent it, it didnt arrive. The email in my profile is correct, so you might want to try Private Messaging here on CPF. I know thats been working for me.

Hey, if it makes anyone feel better (Data included), I was the first to sell my Spy and I'm buying it right back (thank you Wave_Particle :bow: ).

I sold in a hurry to raise funds for another light, but now realize I miss my Spy and WP is cool enough to let me take it back.

Yeah, I know: Regentag called it. :grin2:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
Hey, if it makes anyone feel better (Data included), I was the first to sell my Spy and I'm buying it right back (thank you Wave_Particle :bow: ).

I sold in a hurry to raise funds for another light, but now realize I miss my Spy and WP is cool enough to let me take it back.

Yeah, I know: Regentag called it. :grin2:

Dad, its going in the mail tomorrow. I still couldn't believe you let it go in the first place..... :laughing:

WP