Does anyone know where to buy this light? Elpa DOP-11MG

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or if you dont mind paying more and getting it on the spot, go to a sharperimage store and buy it.

AlexGT

Rando

Enlightened
dpled said:
I am looking for a Elpa not a Nuwai. Does anyone have a link to buy from morpho1?

Keep the links coming......someone has to sell them!

Are you sure that Elpa isn't just a rebranded Nuwai? Nuwai manufactures a lot of lights that just get relabelled by other brands. Target's River Rock brand, for example.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a vendor that is in Oregon
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/93397
good prices, low shipping, and no sales tax (even if you're in Oregon ;) )

(and for those who will be quick to correct me, yes, thank you, I know that Oregon does not have a sales tax; it's meant to be in jest.)

dpled said:
Can anyone help me find this light, does anyone know who sells this other than sites that are in Japanese or Chinese??

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually Nuwai is just a brand name, they don't make lights either. The lights are made by one of the sweatshops in Shenzhen, China and then sold under various brand names, including Nuwai and River Rock. If the name Shenzhen sounds familiar, it's the same location where the iPods are made for Apple (vendor is accused of paying less than half the Chinese minimum wage.

Rando said:
Nuwai manufactures a lot of lights that just get relabelled by other brands.

dpled

Enlightened
Ok this Light has the word Elpa on the clip, and it is a 3 Watt with Knurled head, body and tailcap. It is also silver in color.

Someone has to sell it!

Brighteyez said:
Actually Nuwai is just a brand name, they don't make lights either. The lights are made by one of the sweatshops in Shenzhen, China and then sold under various brand names, including Nuwai and River Rock. If the name Shenzhen sounds familiar, it's the same location where the iPods are made for Apple (vendor is accused of paying less than half the Chinese minimum wage.

dpled

Enlightened
I did a search and did not find it. Do you have the link to it?

AlexGT said:
Or if you dont mind paying more and getting it on the spot, go to a sharperimage store and buy it.

AlexGT

Knight Lights

Enlightened
dpled,

The Nuwai's come in that finish as well, though you may have to look around for it.

The lights are the same, though. If I recall the Q3 hysteria that swept through last year, Elpa is a European (Spanish?) company, and I suspect that we get Nuwai's because of their "most favored nation" status vs the European companies who have to pay the import/export fees more than once?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time.

It's the same light as a Nuwai Q-3. I suggested the ones from LED_Experimenter because his have a tactical clickie switch on them.

If you have to have the Elpa name on it or in the Silver finish, you'll probably have to do some looking around (or someone will probably come around to lead you to one.)

Insofar as the name of the actual manufacturer, it was posted on one of the forums here a while back, though I'm not sure which forum it was in. I suppose you could look for it, it may have been in this LED Forum.

dpled said:
Ok this Light has the word Elpa on the clip, and it is a 3 Watt with Knurled head, body and tailcap. It is also silver in color.

Someone has to sell it!

dpled

Enlightened
I just want the all knurled body in silver finish. "Anywhere I can get it" Such a time with finding this light........

Brighteyez said:
Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time.

It's the same light as a Nuwai Q-3. I suggested the ones from LED_Experimenter because his have a tactical clickie switch on them.

If you have to have the Elpa name on it or in the Silver finish, you'll probably have to do some looking around (or someone will probably come around to lead you to one.)

Insofar as the name of the actual manufacturer, it was posted on one of the forums here a while back, though I'm not sure which forum it was in. I suppose you could look for it, it may have been in this LED Forum.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you aren't able to look for it yourself, I'm sure someone will be along to find it for you; just be patient. I can't remember the names but there's a couple of places carrying various versions of this light including Sharper Image. There's also a company that is selling them through uniform supply stores, don't remember if they might have a silver one or not.

dpled said:
I just want the all knurled body in silver finish. "Anywhere I can get it" Such a time with finding this light........

dpled

Enlightened
Starting to thinks I'm not the only one who can't find it. Has to be a link somewhere......

Brighteyez said:
If you aren't able to look for it yourself, I'm sure someone will be along to find it for you; just be patient. I can't remember the names but there's a couple of places carrying various versions of this light including Sharper Image. There's also a company that is selling them through uniform supply stores, don't remember if they might have a silver one or not.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried looking for it? Perhaps you're using the wrong search criteria? You might want to try search criteria like the model number (TM-303X) and the correct color designation (titanium). You should be able to find at least two CPF vendors in a matter of seconds who stock that light in titanium, just by using a common search engine with those search arguments.

dpled said:
Starting to thinks I'm not the only one who can't find it. Has to be a link somewhere......

dpled

Enlightened
I don't think my search criteria is wrong. And yes I have tried common sense search methods. Just doesn't seem to be anyone in the U.S. that carries it. I have been looking for days and thought maybe a post would help or lead me to one.

Brighteyez said:
Have you tried looking for it? Perhaps you're using the wrong search criteria? You might want to try search criteria like the model number (TM-303X) and the correct color designation (titanium). You should be able to find at least two CPF vendors in a matter of seconds who stock that light in titanium, just by using a common search engine with those search arguments.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try using my search criteria. I pulled up over 5 North American sites as the first 5 listings. The first four were U.S. dealers that are active on CPF.

dpled said:
I don't think my search criteria is wrong. And yes I have tried common sense search methods. Just doesn't seem to be anyone in the U.S. that carries it. I have been looking for days and thought maybe a post would help or lead me to one.

Latest posts