Best keyring flashlight?

smemon

Newly Enlightened
by best i mean most powerful obviously :)

ive heard about the Fenix L1T and it looks good. decent price too. but is it the best?

what sort of distance could that throw? is there anything out there that could be seen from a couple of miles away :grin2:

im a noOb to flashlights so please excuse my noObiness!

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
I hear good things about the Fire~Fly III. I guess it depends how big and heavy a flashlight you are willing to keep on your keyring.

I keep an Arc AAA-P on mine, but that's certainly not the brightest of the bunch. I wouldn't want any other light there though, as the arc is just so incredibly reliable. It's also quite small and light. Bright enough for a keychain flashlight too (imo) :)

smemon

Newly Enlightened
well i dont want anything that will weigh me down. something small and light, yet powerful would be perfect.

i've a swiss army usb knife along with utili-key so something to complement them would be nice. Is the L1 light?

nethiker

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF smemon :wave:

Brightest is not obviously the best to many round here, though it never hurts, especially when you have a choice of levels and it's made of titanium. I'd say you can't beat gregw's Exolion. Keep your eye out for another rumored run of this incredible little keychain light.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L0P is smaller than the L1x, being a 1xAAA light, nearly as bright, and relatively inexpensive compared to more exotic lights running on more expensive batteries (check 4sevens sale in dealers section).

smemon

Newly Enlightened
cheers guys :rock:

gregw's exolion looks like a beast of a machine :huh: however couldnt afford that sort of cash, not atm anyway.

and i thought $45 was expensive for a flashlight :whistle: i'll keep searching anyway for while...

edit: oops, i said i was looking at the L1T it was the P1 i was looking at :ohgeez:is it better than the L1?

Last edited:

Allnew2me

Enlightened
Another vote for the LOP here, I got mine last week and it really is a bright one. they are at a discount at 4sevens site now in the dealer section. I think it was 8% off the normal price and he is great to deal with.

Synergy

Newly Enlightened
Brightness?....No doubt about it, the Fenix L0P

Longest running?....Arc AAA or AAA-P

IMO, the Arc will compliment your SAK nicely :grin2:

Another vote for the Arc, here....

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I just started carrying around a Peak Pacific a couple of weeks back to replace the L0P that used to reside with my keys. It isn't quite as bright but it has a longer run time and is quite tough (not that the L0P isn't)