If my wife knew how much I spent on this gear...

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Top row, from left to right:

M4 "Lo": Mods, SW02 tail cap, MN60 lamp assembly... yeah she's pretty tame, but still running on CR123 cells. This is the bright light I go to when things might get rough. Well as rough as can be expected in suburbia Los Angeles.

M4 "Hi": Mods, MN21 lamp assembly (M6 HOLA), 2x 18650 cells, stock tailcap innards (spring, electrical contact, retainer) have been replaced with home-brew machined spring/contact in one piece. Retainer is 6061-T651 aluminum... no big deal to make on the lathe really. Once I take it apart I'll post pics of the machined spring/electrical contact combo. It eliminated a lot of the noise from the battery rattling around in this light.

C2 "Lo": Mods, Z48 tail cap, KT1 Turbohead... yeah she's pretty tame too. I'm not exactly thrilled with having a Turbohead light with a puny 65 lumen lamp. The hotspot is way too small. I'd like to put an LED tower in this thing and keep it powered by CR123s.

L5 "Hi": Mods, Z48 tail cap, KT1 Turbohead, MN16 lamp assembly (M3T HOLA, 225 lumens), 2x RCR123 plus eight spare RCR123s ready to rumble. Basically a more compact version of my M4-Lo and it's rechargeable. This is the light that gets into my pocket when me and the wife walk across the street to the mall for the food court, Barnes & Noble, etc.

U2: Stock, but considering pulling the plastic sleeve and going with an 18650. I ran it on one RCR123 + spacer to see how bright it was, and the photon loss appeared minimal... still need to test on the Sper Scientific lux meter.

G2: Mods, P90 lamp assembly, 2x RCR123s, UCL (tm). Originally purchased as a backup light for the E2E but in the end said "screw it" and did some drop-in modding. Funny thing is, I almost never use this light. Perhaps it will find its way into my new car, if and when I get it. (Have an idea to home-build a Li-ion charger to keep it charged up in the car.)

E2E: Mods, McClicky. Don't know what else to do with this light, but its compact size makes it the only light my wife is willing to carry when I'm not with her.

Bottom row: Golston 7W, RCR123-okay version, not a bad light and it actually pulls 0.96 amp @ 8.20v, so it is actually pulling almost 8 watts from the batteries. Next to it is a PentagonLight X2-HA, a gun show find at $45 new. The only mod was replacing the OE plastic window with synthetic sapphire... open to suggestions on other mods. I think I prefer the way the Surefires are engineered over the PentagonLights.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
scott,

If you wife only find out you have posted here... :crackup:
I have seen a few KT1 LuxV module selling on BST, and maybe you could find what you need. :)