should i get an sf L1

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
tell me what you like about it/dont like about i am seriusly consteplating an l1 but a dont know yet i need a small light i already have a perfect u2 but i want somthing smaller to fit comterbly in my pocket.

pics would be nice to

MeLLoJeLLo

Newly Enlightened
If you check with the search engine you will see that there are a couples threads about SureFire L1. Even one with guy like you who want to buy one and are unsure. ;)

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have the L1. Its a nice light, but I ended up getting an E1L too. I don't find the low all that useful for my stuff and I prefer a click switch. The low would be great for getting around in total darkness. The low fades to even lower as the battery winds down. Towards the very end, you might have no low at all. I'd rather use a little Infinity for when I just want low light.
The E1L gives me a click switch. It gives me the choice to throw the head on my 2 cell body and I also have a 2 stage switch that I can throw on there if I rather have 2-stage than a clickie switch. The 2-stage also gives me a brighter low than the L1.
Don't take this as the L1 is not as good. Think more of what works best for you. I am usually not in total darkness, that's why the low doesn't do much for me. Even though I prefer the E1L, I can't bring myself to sell the L1. -Nick

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats good that the low isnt that bright becuase i dont want to fry the patients eyes when i check ther pupil response olso i think that my u2 on low is to bright so it should be almost perfect i am wanting this light for an edc to replace my u2 because i think that it is to big i will still have my u2 just in my gear bag also is yours the new virsion or the old

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I didn't really use my L1 much, then I heard about the Kroma, so I put a red filter on my L1, and now its my bedside light: low red/high red and low/high white light!!! Being that it runs on only one battery is great too. Its my light of the week :)

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you already have a U2 and want a small light, I would get a McLux-PD or one of the HDS EDCs, in that order.

Scott

Max Brightness

Enlightened
lightemup said:
I didn't really use my L1 much, then I heard about the Kroma, so I put a red filter on my L1, and now its my bedside light: low red/high red and low/high white light!!! Being that it runs on only one battery is great too. Its my light of the week :)

I find it to be a versatile light with the high/low setting and filters. In addition to red, I added the beamshaper with mine. Low setting with F04 Beamshaper is good for reading or say navigating in the dark. On high it provides a nice flood which is good for walking.

It also has good runtime on 1 battery.

I love the styling and I like the size. i.e. it's easier to find in a pack as compared to say my Orb Raw:). I really like this light.