T.I.D. ON AN SF L2?

K

KROMACANADA

Hi.....Has anyone been able to fit the GG&G T.I.D. on a Surefire L2? I see T.A.D. has a lighter alternative...but I figure the original T.I.D. looks MUCH better.
Thanks !

NAW

Enlightened
savumaki said:
Ditto

Karl

I'm with these two guys. Maybe you can tell us what T.A.D. or T.I.D. stands for. And what is this GG&G. Never heard of any of those terms before. Maybe if you tell us then we can help you out.

Last edited:

InFlux

Enlightened
NAW said:
I'm with these two guys. Maybe you can tell us what T.A.D. or T.I.D. stands for. And what is this GG&G. Never heard of any of those terms before. Maybe if you tell us then we can help you out.

I don't know the answer- but I do understand the question (which is kinda scary :) )

TAD is TAD Gear (watch your wallet if you start browsing over there- they have LOT's of cool stuff).

The T.I.D. is a Tactical Impact Device that attaches to the head of some flashlights. GG&C is a company that makes 'em.

The one thing that I've heard about these is that they attach to the flashlight with little set screws, and may leave marks in the HA.

I'd go for one of KIU's Stainless Steel mag bezels (I have two and they are tuff!). :twothumbs:

cdf

Enlightened
The TAD rendition is more agressive , and a bit more compact - this will make for better holstering . You do not want to carry such a device in a pocket , very hard on both clothing and hands . Personally I would be rather leary of the ramifications of such a device for a non LEO ( or even for a LEO in some departments ) . Looks like a multi mill. lawsuit looking for a place to happen .

Chris

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Jamrock said:
These Aggresive TAD GEAR T.I.C.s (Tactical Impact Crowns) are also Cool:naughty:

Yep, but they've been out-of-stock on the L2 model for a WHILE. Anybody know if they're making some more?

pizzaman

Enlightened
QUOTE: "I'd go for one of KIU's Stainless Steel mag bezels (I have two and they are tuff!)."

OK, my turn to go Hu'h???

I googled this and only found a few references back to this forum.

Any help?

Thanks, TR

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Kiu bezels are for C and D-sized Maglites only... definitely will not fit an L2. I have one of his bezels on a silver 3D maglite... it is VERY aggressive.

I also have a GG&G T.I.D. on my Inova X5T. The teeth are not overly aggressive so I've been able to carry it in a pocket without too much worry. Warning... The tips are sharp like a puppy's teeth, so don't drag it across anything that can be marred. It is dark grey in color and very well machined. I believe it has a HA finish too.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
The GG&G is advertised as having a manganese phosphate finish.

So, the original question was whether the E2 version of the GG&G would also fit an L2; the E2 bezel is 1", right? And the L2 bezel is 1", so I'd register a guess for "YES." (But KROMACANADA might have hoped for more than a guess.)

Last edited:

geegee

Newly Enlightened
I have both, but on different lights. The quality and construction of the TID is much better than the TIC. That said, I don't believe GG&G makes a TID for the L1 or L2, so that makes choosing much easier.