Hong Kong Electrical Standards, plugs & sockets question

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone confirm the type of mains electrical sockets in Hong Kong, especially in hotels.

Also, type of light fitting, bayonet, screw, miniature screw.

Thanks, shopping trip coming up !!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, you're in luck.

Hong Kong, Singapore, and many other former British Commonwealth countries (Canada excepted) use the same mains outlets as the UK. However to accommodate (lure in :) ) the American business trade, most of the higher end hotels that cater to the business market also feature US/Japan type A outlets with 110VAC in the bathroom and sometimes in the living area of the hotel rooms.

abvidledUK said:
Can anyone confirm the type of mains electrical sockets in Hong Kong, especially in hotels.

Also, type of light fitting, bayonet, screw, miniature screw.

Thanks, shopping trip coming up !!

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are still using British Standard 13A socket 220V, same as yours.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a long time since I've visited my aunts and grandparents who live in HK but I found a light bulb in my Grandmother's pantry that was a bayonet base. I didn't get to check all her light sockets though; most of her lights are flourescent fixtures with the only exception in the bedrooms and the bathroom.

As for electrical outlets, I've seen this type of plug on some of her appliances and outlets with "D" shaped holes but it is an old building. I heard the British 13 amp plug is catching on now since Hong Kong was a British colony.

Europlug.png