just a thought - backup seller's ID

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read through a number of threads and posts here in CPF over the last few months. There is a lot of activity buying and selling items, group buys, individual sellers, etc..

How many Sellers have made arrangments for someone else to 'take care of business' I ask this because things can happen to an individual, to the home , to the computer which can put the person out of contact with the buyers. This is not such a bad deal with a FEELER, no money has been exchanged, so no one is at a loss. What about those that have taken in paypal money to do a group buy, or preproduction money to get a new light started. I did a small deal here in CPF, the money went into paypal- so I have a list of who sent in how much and what it was for.

For those individuals out there taking in money - Is there someone else in the household that could finish the transaction, or refund the money if that was not possible?

how about a buddy system in CPF - someone who has the seller's direct email and phone number.

Business's tend to have more than one person involved with the selling end of the business, usually more that one person checking email or CPF.

If you read through the cheers and jeers - it seems a lot of the jeers are from someone trying to get hold of someone else, usually after they have sent them money or goods for a trade. Some of the people become unavailable for valid reasons - the hurricanes last year for example.

The majority of people here are trustworthy and honest, This is not meant to be in any way negative to those people. I had bought something on EBAY a few years back, sent the money, and waited 3 weeks, no delivery. sent a note, sent a follow up note, no response, sent one more note after about 5 weeks, and got a response back. Turns out the seller had a stroke and had been in the hospital recovering, His son went through all his EBAY business and finished up the transactions his dad had started. Stuff happens..

like I said earlier - just a thought...

Last edited: