NBA trophy presentation

magic79

Enlightened
What is up?

I've never seen the trophy presentation in the NBA/MLB/NFL take place on the field/court, especially when the champion is the visitor.

I thought it was very insulting to the Dallas fans and completely unnecessary. Every other championship trophy I recall has been presented in the locker room.

I don't get it.

metalhed

Enlightened
I agree...Marketing 101 at its worst.

Give me the vibe of the clubhouse and all that spraying champagne. When I was a kid I worked for a minor league baseball team that won a league championship at home. I was a thirteen year-old kid in the clubhouse celebrating with beer (hey, it was the minors) and no-name players...but it was sweet for us then and I'm sure it's sweet for Miami now. Should have been a great celebration.

Too bad we didn't get to see it.

And jeers to the NBA for humiliating the Dallas fans. Nice work guys. :thumbsdow

Virgo

Newly Enlightened
Pretty heartbreaking. 5 to 1 odds that Cuban snaps sometime tonight. Oh, God, it physically hurts. I like D-Wade, and am happy for them, but it still hurts. And I'm still recovering from the end of the last game in Miami.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NBA and MLB yes, but every NFL trophy presentation I've seen for the past few years has been on a stage set up on the 50 yard line.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
metalhed said:
Ahhh...but the Super Bowl is played on a neutral field....big difference, IMHO.

The conference championships aren't on neutral ground. It felt so good to watch Bob Kraft parade the AFC trophy around the Steelers' home field two years.

rscanady

Enlightened
idleprocess said:
NHL has always presented the Stanley Cup on the ice if I recall correctly...

That is correct regardless of home team. There is also always the lineup and hand shake at the end of the hockey game, but there isnt one in basketball. Another reason I am a hockey fan and not a basketball.

Ryan