suggest a light...

NFW

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for an LED flashlight to use for peering inside electronic equipment (computers, stereos, etc). I've basically got two requirements...

1) Non-conductive body. Not aluminum. I guess that leaves plastic. :)
2) 1xAA, 1x123A, or 2x123A. Nothing smaller (not enough capacity) and nothing larger (not enough space)

1 watt would be fine, 3 watts is overkill. I like my Inova T5 but am not entirely comfortable about maneuvering the aluminum housing around electronics.

I've deliberately left out a price range because I'm pretty sure I can easily afford any plastic-bodied sub-3-watt flashlight with no trouble. But go ahead, surprise me. :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

NFW

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! In fact, you get TWO cookies. You'll have to pay for them yourself though, and I'm not sure where to get them. But you have certainly earned my permission to dine upon them.

nethiker

Enlightened
How about 3xAAA?

The Eternalight Derringer is a small light with big features including variable power. I had a larger version that I gave as a gift as a boat light and liked it a lot. Many CPF'ers hold this company and Eternalights in high regard.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
the only light that i can think of that are Non-conductive metal body are the lights made from Titanium, ie, Mclux III, Raw, CR2 ION, Peak 7LED??, Exolion, Li-on Cub. i'm missing a few lights but those are the only ones i can think of right now. each of those lights mulitlevel brightness and uses a single cr123 or a cr2. they also carry a heavy price. highest i've seen was a Mclux for $750 just recently.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast