Cars can run on pure WATER-Check it out

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
I just discovered this the other day. This guy named Denny Klein started making cutting torches that run of pure water for welding companies. He uses electrodes and some type of controler to convert water into HHO gas. Its crazy. Type Denny Klein into google and click on the 6th post down. In that first post, click on where is says Wiki that contains a Fox News video at:. Then, click on where it says Video feature FOX26 Report. sorry if that sounds confusing, didn't think we could post links on here. Or just do a search on the internet for Denny Klein. The torch that he made cuts metal like nothing but is only warm to the human hand. He has a car that he gets 100 miles from 4oz of water. Imagine what that could do for us. He is working on a HUMMER for the US military to try out and is also working with a few car manufacturers. Wonder what that would do to the oil companies. There are even instructions on the internet on how to do this. About time someone came up with something like this. Denny even has Patents on his design.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron1100us said:
I just discovered this the other day. This guy named Denny Klein started making cutting torches that run of pure water for wleding companies. He uses electrodes and some type of controler to convert water into HHO gas. Its crazy. Type Denny Klein into google and click on the 6th post down. In that first post, click on where is says Wiki that contains a Fox News video at:. Then, click on where it says Video feature FOX26 Report. sorry if that sounds confusing, didn't think we could post links on here. Or just do a search on the internet for Denny Klein. The torch that he made cuts metal like nothing but is only warm to the human hand. He has a car that he gets 100 miles from 4oz of water.

He DOES NOT have a car that runs 100 miles or 1/10 of an inch on 4 OZ of water.

It takes more energy to break water into it's components than can be gotten out of burning them.
The method is not new and is used in situations where *SMALL* amounts of O2 and H are needed. (If you just need large amounts of O2 from that method, you are aboard a nuclear sub.)
Yes the tourch is cool and the flame is hot as it is with any torch that uses gas.
1. The flame is a slight distance away from the tip.
2. The gases expand and high school physics tells us that an expanding gas cools things.
See fire water for a bit more information
He and Dennis Lee are two of a kind.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a link from a Solar Power board (Brock showed me this one) where this whole "industry" is pretty much a group of scam artists...

Power from Water...

New link--above link is now dead--forum was reorganized (9/11/07)

The thread in the link above appears to have been started with a post trolling for investment money for this product.

Free Advice: Don't waste you money on investing in this product. It is basically being promoted as a perpetual motion machine. It ain't one… It is just an electrolysis unit for breaking water into "magic mono-atomic" hydrogen and oxygen gases (instead of H2 and O2). And because the gases are kept mixed—can't store hardly any gas/energy because of the likelihood of an explosion.

And, it is being hyped by folks who are, either bad scientists/engineers and/or con-men.

I can post all of my research here--but it is probably not worth the bandwidth.

-Bill

Last edited:

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
that sucks that this is a scam:( what a cool thing this would be. I wonder how he got the US government/military/patent office to believe him? Atleast his welding equipment seems like its for real.. Hmm, maybe not though.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The torch demonstrations are not as described. And the equipment (in general) has been poorly made and, at times, was dangerous to use. At best, from what little I could find, was that the hydrogen/oxygen system has been used a little bit in the jewelry business (although I could not find any current vendors of the equipment referenced in the articles I read).

There are multiple methods of creating industrial gases that are better and less expensive (in volume) than that produced by "welder" being demonstrated.

-Bill

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Electrolytic gas generators have been around for 50+ years. Sometimes used in industry for heating stuff, but usually not since they don't work too well. You always get less power out than you put in and the flame it produces is bad.

I'd assume the patent the guy got is legitimate. His generator probably has different or newer features than previous ones. But everything else about this kind of thing is on the PT Barnum level. He even trademarked made up words to describe how it works.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use an electric arc to break down water. Any significantly high temperature will do it, but the temperature has to be REALLY high. Much better to just use the arc to the welding with in the first place ;) The navy might be interested in the technology because on board a submarine or a nuclear vessel of other kind you have an abundance of electrical power and sea water, and very limited space to carry anything else like tanks of welding gasses. So they could make good use of a device that could take those 2 things and keep them from having to carry tons of tanks. For someone without the resource of basically free electricity it makes no sense at all.

If you get energy out of combining H and O2, then to break them apart you have to put the same energy back to break the bond. There is no double secret way to do this. All a fuel cell is is a battery that you charged somewhere else and shipped the energy in a big tank of hydrogen to where the battery is. It's not magic.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
James S said:
You can use an electric arc to break down water.........The navy might be interested in the technology because on board a submarine or a nuclear vessel of other kind you have an abundance of electrical power and sea water......
Actually, this is already being done to generate all the oxygen used while submerged. Seawater is distilled to produce fresh water. Fresh water is fed to oxygen generators which use electricity to spit it into oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen is stored in tanks and fed throughout the sub. The hydrogen is just dumped back into the sea currently, but it wouldn't take much modification to allow welding cylinders to be filled instead.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
DonShock said:
...The hydrogen is just dumped back into the sea currently, but it wouldn't take much modification to allow welding cylinders to be filled instead.
I don't think the sub commander would want welding cylinders of hydrogen stored on his ship without having a REAL good reason for them...

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron1100us said:
that sucks that this is a scam:( what a cool thing this would be. I wonder how he got the US government/military/patent office to believe him? Atleast his welding equipment seems like its for real.. Hmm, maybe not though.

Randi has been commenting on this for some time and this weeks column shows a patent on an amazing device no one has ever thought of... a rechargable flashlight.

Somewhere around here I have a book with some 50 pepetual motion patents in it from before they were disallowed. Most are water based and it is clear nobody ever bothered to build even the simplist ones.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Germany has already been using fuel cells / hydrogen / oxygen to augment their diesel electric submarines for a few years now... They can now stay submerged for approximatly 2 weeks.

U212 / U214 Attack Submarines, Germany:

PROPULSION

The propulsion system combines a conventional system consisting of a diesel generator with a lead acid battery, and an air-independent propulsion (AIP) system, used for silent slow cruising, with a fuel cell equipped with oxygen and hydrogen storage. The system consists of nine PEM (polymer electrolyte membrane) fuel cells, providing between 30 and 50kW each.

For higher speeds, connection is made to the high-performance lead acid battery. An MTU 16 V- 396 diesel engine powers the generator from Piller GmbH for charging the battery installed on the lower of the two decks at the forward section of the submarine. The diesel generator plant is mounted on a swinging deck platform with double elastic mounts for noise and vibration isolation. The propeller motor is directly coupled to the seven-bladed screwback propeller.

-Bill

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
I don't think the sub commander would want welding cylinders of hydrogen stored on his ship without having a REAL good reason for them...

I bet they already have some type onboard. Things break when you're at sea that long and you have to be able to fix anything.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yahoo group water car has something on running cars on water by splitting it to hydrogen to run the ICE.