website revision up and running, would appreciate some feedback

SCblur

Enlightened
I've been working on a revison for a couple of weeks and just got it uploaded. If you guys could check it out and give me some feedback, that would be awesome. If you see any typos, or gliches I missed, please let me know.

www.prodigydesign.com

Thanks,
Josh

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The red X is cute, but it's been done before :)

untitled.jpg

Jamrock

Newly Enlightened
Tryd with Firefox & IE and no red x's here,Clicked on every tab & link and every page seems to be working smooth...Love the Design..Sweet,Simple,easy to navigate through and easy on the eyes.. Good Job
good.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why I get the red X. I'm using I.E. The red X isn't clickable either. That, and the box it is in, are just seen as a normal part of the page.

If I get it's properties, it's the same as the properties of the page in general.

properties.jpg

SCblur

Enlightened
The red X you're referring to is a flash animation. Ckeck the portfolio page and tell me if that works for you, as it is also flash. If it doesn't than your browser isn't displaying flash 8 files. However if you can see my portfolio, the problem is on my end.

thanks
Josh

SCblur

Enlightened
For those of you who can view this in IE on a PC, do the colums appear correct? That is, do you see a main column and a smaller column to the right? I ask becaue IE is the bane of web designers and never renders stuff like it's supposed to.

Also, how intuitive is the portfolio section to navigate? Easy to figure out, or a pain in the butt?

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
SCblur said:
The red X you're referring to is a flash animation. Ckeck the portfolio page and tell me if that works for you, as it is also flash. If it doesn't than your browser isn't displaying flash 8 files. However if you can see my portfolio, the problem is on my end.

thanks
Josh

Flash is the problem. Interesting. I don't have flash installed on this I.E., and I get no indication that it is required.

I don't know what I've been missing, but I don't recall seeing a lot of red Xs either. Well, ignorance is bliss, so I guess I'll keep on doing what I've been doing :)

SCblur

Enlightened
eluminator said:
Flash is the problem. Interesting. I don't have flash installed on this I.E., and I get no indication that it is required.

I don't know what I've been missing, but I don't recall seeing a lot of red Xs either. Well, ignorance is bliss, so I guess I'll keep on doing what I've been doing :)

That's funny it's not notifying you that you need flash to view the content. It should. I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the contact page, do you think you should switch the "reset" and "submit" buttons? I'm naturally more inclined to click on the left one.

Like at the bottom of the quick reply...the main button is on the left, and the secondary is to its right.

SCblur

Enlightened
IlluminatingBikr said:
On the contact page, do you think you should switch the "reset" and "submit" buttons? I'm naturally more inclined to click on the left one.

Like at the bottom of the quick reply...the main button is on the left, and the secondary is to its right.

Great point, thanks. I'll swap those.

EDIT: done and done!

Last edited:

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast