Streamlight Night Com Xenon/LED

IonFire

Enlightened
Streamlight Night.com

Looks like a contender to the A2.

Streamlight Night.com

This is ok to link to them ,isn't it?

Xenon incan, 2 high output red LEDs,one low output red LED.

Update, i misread the print, i thought i seen regularion mentioned, it is not, sorry for that.So i removed the type saying it was regulated.

Lumens an runtimes may be suspect.

I havent seen it mentioned yet, or i missed it, thats very possible.

I like it.

Edited.
IF

Last edited:

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Streamlight Night.com

Sorry I'm dense, but it comes with both color leds in it, or is it two models, one with red one with green?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast

webley445 said:
Sorry I'm dense, but it comes with both color leds in it, or is it two models, one with red one with green?

No, their page is confusing. Look at the pictures and it looks like it is selectable red or green, which would be very cool.

It's a choice red or green. Kind of an interesting concept. I have an SL Twin Task 2L which is nice, a poor man's A2. This seems similar with colored LEDs.

Mark

IonFire

Enlightened

Yeah i think Mark hit it bang on, 2 different models.
Although,it looked like they meant in all came in one package.

Looks kinda nice though, looks well built, cant wait to hear some feedback on it.

Peace

IF

IonFire

Enlightened

There was another rotary switched light ,very similiar in style to this one.

It kinda reminded me of that one, then i seen the light layout in the head and thought,Carrot has to see this.

Nice isn't it.

IF

Threepio

Newly Enlightened

I got the red one first, and liked it enough to get the green one after that.

On the low (single) LED setting, it's a good nightstand light, you can see out to about 6 inches. Switch to the two high-power colored LED's and they will throw across the room, easily. The xenon lamp is the next position, and easily destroys the night vision you've been trying to preserve. I'm happy with the quality of the fit and finish, if they made a blue LED version I'd buy it, too... --Bob

IonFire

Enlightened

Excellent, so you have had your awhile i take it Threepio?

What kinf of dollars did it set you back per unit?

I guess Li-Ions are out of the question too?

Tell US more!!!!

Hehe

IF

Somy Nex

Enlightened

i saw it some time back but it didn't seem to generate too much interest. Fox Int'l is selling them for around $30 bucks. $30.95 to be exact according to their post.

I'd be interested in hearing more feedback/reviews too. Shipping to my part of the world is expensive and treacherous, requiring me to use EMS only, so I have to pick and choose carefully.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/116046&highlight=streamlight+night+%2Acom
(Fox Int'l's announcement) https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/113525&highlight=streamlight+night%2A
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/108493&highlight=streamlight+night%2A

Last edited:

IonFire

Enlightened

For $30?
Omg thats reasonable for this amount of tech easily.

WOw, i am impressed.

Off to order.

IF

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."

I just went to that link AGAIN and re-read. I think the light comes in 2 versions. One with green LEDs and one with red LEDs i don't think it contains both.

If you look at the head there is a single Xenon centered bulb and 3 LEDs surrounding it. Plus the description clearly (as mud) says:

Offers 4 Mode Sequences:
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](2) Ultra-bright LEDs (red or Green)[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](1) Indicator-type LED (red or green)[/font]
And if you look at the picture on Fox Int'l website and look at the closeup of the switch it has a small red and large red dot indicating hi/lo so i assume that is for a light with RED leds...

Got it now? Clear as mud? Yeah me too. :lolsign:

I also wonder how that light would do on a 17670 rechargable?

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, that's a low price. Must be contracted out to China. I wonder if someone else sells these under an OEM brand.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just ordered 2 from BotachTactical.com. they were $36.00 each but I needed 123a's and received free shipping becasue my order was over $100.00

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unless they run power for the LEDs through the filament I'd think they'd work. That is a little far out, but early rechargables used the bulb as a conductor.

PhotonAddict

Enlightened

Abtomat: I had heard that as well. Perhaps someone who owns one could remove the bulb and see if the LEDs still light up. It would be a shame if it did use the bulb as part of the electrical path.

Manzerick: I think the big difference between the Streamlight and the Surefire A2 is the that incadescent in the A2 is regulated. But at under $40, I'm tempted to pick up one myself in spite of that. I like the fact that the selector is via a separate control vs. having to click through the modes like the TwinTask series.