modern equivalent for mini-mag BB500

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a mini-mag badboy500 module with an original low dome luxeon that I use at work. I love the wide area output of the low dome as when I'm doing close up inspection, it covers a lot of ground without having to move the light around. However I'm not crazy about the other aspects. You have to unscrew the mini-mag head in order for it to operate and sometimes the operation can be quite a bit flaky and also the module will fall out when replacing the batteries.

Any modern day equivalent with a more polished carrier, prefereable with a clicky switch? I have a Fenix L1P and thought about a L2P but even that light output is considerably more narrow then the Lux low dome. I would much prefer an AA type of light if possible. I know several weeks ago I asked about work light replacements but in specific I want something with the same beam charateristics.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The L2P is what I would suggest, or get the 2 stage model. :) Most newer lights use high dome emitters, so you're kinda stuck with the different beam pattern... unless you buy a HD and replace it with a LD, but that's a step backwards IMO.

How about a LuxV light? Huge great big broad beam. Another option would be a CR2 Ion - the beam is so smooth it's almost eerie, and it's 2-stage.

... BTW, IIRC, CY and milkyspit are both looking for "old" sammies like yours. Maybe you can work something out with one of them.

Latest posts