ArmyTek        

Thread: Two years on CPF

Flashaholic*

Default Two years on CPF

I joined in June 2004 looking for info on EverLeds and the Arc AAA (I bought both ).

Then the O-sink came out and I made my first Mag mod. Quickly followed by an nFlex Mag mod.

I haven't bought nearly as many lights as some of you: EverLed, 3D Mag mod, nFlex Mag mod, Radio Shack 1W 3AAA Nuwaii mod, Dorcy AAA Nichia mod, AWR nano-3 (dropped out), MillerMods 3-level LOP. I was tempted by the Q3, but it was too big (for me) to EDC. I was tempted by the Fenix light but held off, due to short run-time, until Eric created his L0P mod.

So I EDC'd my 3rd gen Arc AAA-P for one and a half years until it got replaced by the MillerMods L0P. The light is perfect for me so I'm not (too) tempted by the other lights out there. If I had money to burn I'd love some shelf queen lights: Spy, Gatlight, Sterling Silver Orb, and maybe a titanium light of some sort.

I still love CPF but I've dropped from reading most every section and most every post, to using the New Posts button and just reading the new stuff that looks interesting. If AWR (or someone else) ever gets around to making a dimmable 2AAA (side by side) light I will get excited again. Until then I'm satisfied with the lights I have*.

Greg

* I still want to get a Firefli (tiny zinc-air powered light) and I might get an AA Mag LED light when they come out. So I guess I'm still a flashaholic.
    Last edited by greg_in_canada; 06-21-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: fix typo
    My EDC: Chrome Draco.

Default Re: Two years on CPF

Congrats Time flies but it looks like you still have control of your wallet. I'm envious.

-LT
    Last edited by Empath; 06-21-2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Adjusted title
    lunal tic (n)
    a distinctive behavioral trait or quirk directly related to or caused by light [15th cent. Latin lunaris. Ultimately from an IE word meaning “light,”] and [Early 19th cent. Italian ticchio.] see also: moon quirk

Flashaholic*

Thanks LT.

Thanks too to the mods for fixing the offending part of my title.

The other flashlight I really drooled over was the Gladius. I got to play with one thanks to passaround #2. But I couldn't justify it since it was too big for me to carry every day and my car already has enough flashlights

Greg
    Last edited by Empath; 06-21-2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Adjusted title

Happy CPF'day Greg.

Two years is a milestone, especially for someone who has contributed so much. I always enjoy your posts. Glad you stuck around O'l Timer .
    ~Greg

"Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
    -Unknown

Flashaholic*

Thanks Nethiker. You're not a spring chicken any more either

Greg

wow, CPF has been around a long time,
    and i used to remember when things were smaller then
    (mclux first run) everything seems so big now
    its grown from a hobby to full business
    amazing and whats more amazing is the civility in this forum
    hope u keep reading and posting
    KL-4+Vital Gear FB02
    Pr-t (TWOK) + DB700 + E2E
    Pr (WXOT) + BB700 + E20
    M3T + rcr 123's
    Will build for free!!

Flashaholic*

I'm sure I'll stick around. I like flashlights even though I don't buy that many of them. And the people and off-topic things that come up now and again make it worth checking out every day (if I can).

Greg

There are a number of us '04 folk. I lurked a long long while until Balrog made his E series bodies and I couldn't get hold of him except by PM. I was forced out of lurkdom by an itchy wallet.

-LT
    lunal tic (n)
    a distinctive behavioral trait or quirk directly related to or caused by light [15th cent. Latin lunaris. Ultimately from an IE word meaning “light,”] and [Early 19th cent. Italian ticchio.] see also: moon quirk

*Flashaholic*

Working on 4, and kilobucks in the hole, and my lights have started to get bigger! Happy aniversary(sp)!

Larry
    So much for not being able to find my happy a** with both hands and a flashlight! (Do not look into Tank Searchlight with remaining eye!)

Flashaholic*

You guys! You should let me hold onto your money for you and I will dole it out slowly so you don't overspend

Greg