Two years on CPF

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I joined in June 2004 looking for info on EverLeds and the Arc AAA (I bought both :) ).

Then the O-sink came out and I made my first Mag mod. Quickly followed by an nFlex Mag mod.

I haven't bought nearly as many lights as some of you: EverLed, 3D Mag mod, nFlex Mag mod, Radio Shack 1W 3AAA Nuwaii mod, Dorcy AAA Nichia mod, AWR nano-3 (dropped out), MillerMods 3-level LOP. I was tempted by the Q3, but it was too big (for me) to EDC. I was tempted by the Fenix light but held off, due to short run-time, until Eric created his L0P mod.

So I EDC'd my 3rd gen Arc AAA-P for one and a half years until it got replaced by the MillerMods L0P. The light is perfect for me so I'm not (too) tempted by the other lights out there. If I had money to burn I'd love some shelf queen lights: Spy, Gatlight, Sterling Silver Orb, and maybe a titanium light of some sort.

I still love CPF but I've dropped from reading most every section and most every post, to using the New Posts button and just reading the new stuff that looks interesting. If AWR (or someone else) ever gets around to making a dimmable 2AAA (side by side) light I will get excited again. Until then I'm satisfied with the lights I have*.

Greg

* I still want to get a Firefli (tiny zinc-air powered light) and I might get an AA Mag LED light when they come out. So I guess I'm still a flashaholic.

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats :D Time flies but it looks like you still have control of your wallet. I'm envious.

-LT

Last edited by a moderator:

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks LT.

Thanks too to the mods for fixing the offending part of my title.

The other flashlight I really drooled over was the Gladius. I got to play with one thanks to passaround #2. But I couldn't justify it since it was too big for me to carry every day and my car already has enough flashlights :)

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

nethiker

Enlightened
Happy CPF'day Greg.

Two years is a milestone, especially for someone who has contributed so much. I always enjoy your posts. Glad you stuck around O'l Timer :).

roguesw

Enlightened
wow, CPF has been around a long time,
and i used to remember when things were smaller then
(mclux first run) everything seems so big now
its grown from a hobby to full business
amazing and whats more amazing is the civility in this forum
hope u keep reading and posting

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure I'll stick around. I like flashlights even though I don't buy that many of them. And the people and off-topic things that come up now and again make it worth checking out every day (if I can).

Greg

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a number of us '04 folk. I lurked a long long while until Balrog made his E series bodies and I couldn't get hold of him except by PM. I was forced out of lurkdom by an itchy wallet. :D

-LT

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Working on 4, and kilobucks in the hole, and my lights have started to get bigger! :crackup: :D Happy aniversary(sp)!

Larry