What about Brinkmann??

Alphecca

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm hoping not to fall too far down the rabbit-hole of flashlight-dom...which will be tough, I'm sure.

Anyway, my first question pertains to Brinkmann. I've got a Pro-Max 3D I thought I might play with, but I don't see much talk about them. I know they're no big deal, but I thought they were the rough equivalent of the Mags, which there's plenty of chatter about modding, and there are parts available for them as well. I'll start simple...fill it with C-cells and a frosted Xenon...but what about a Luxeon and a new reflector and lens? Are these available and worth doing?
:confused:

Any comments welcome...thanx!!

igabo

Enlightened
Your best bet will be the 4 C cells and an XPR103 from radioshack. I'm not sure if there's much else you can do; Luxeon drop-ins are usually built to work only with mag's.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got several of the Brinkmann Legend 2AAs with sandwiches in them. There's more substance to them than Mags and they already come with a self-cleaning tailswitch that has a lockout feature, too. Some have complained about the switch - they can break when dropped, but Brinkmann has great service and will mail you out a new one under its lifetime warranty.

Lamba did one of the first 1AAA Luxeon builds using the Legend 1AAA - the Micro Illuminator. I still use mine.

Brinkmann is my choice also b/c I prefer to support those that don't have a history of unjustly litigating smaller companies out of business.

SCblur

Enlightened
Alphecca said:
...I'm hoping not to fall too far down the rabbit-hole of flashlight-dom...

TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY RIGHT NOW. Restart your computer, empty your cache and hit yourself in the head with a bat so that you can forget this site ever existed. Then, maybe, just maybe you can stop this before it snowballs.

Otherwise, Welcome to CPF!

Warp

Enlightened
SCblur said:
TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY RIGHT NOW. Restart your computer, empty your cache and hit yourself in the head with a bat so that you can forget this site ever existed. Then, maybe, just maybe you can stop this before it snowballs.

Otherwise, Welcome to CPF!

What he said. ^^

If you can't afford another hobby, walk (or RUN) away right now.

I already had two hobbies before starting down the road to become a flashaholic.

This is by far my "cheapest" hobby. :awman:

Synergy

Newly Enlightened
Alphecca said:
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm hoping not to fall too far down the rabbit-hole of flashlight-dom...which will be tough, I'm sure.

Well, at least when you fall down the hole, it will be well lit :lolsign:

Welcome to CPF! :wave:

Illum

Flashaholic
Welcome!

What about brinkmann?

Brinkmann's body are ideally good for modding...
I don't know squat about modding actually, I've done so few of it my most recent mod was to turn a 1 pint water bottle into a waterproof LED beacon...which shorted its 6V battery pack and nearly burned a hole on my table...

The Fundamental Question of modding:
Is it easy to mod? well, it only depends on how far down the rabbit hole do you allow yourself to go?